This job might no longer be available.
People Partner/Senior HR Business Partner
San Francisco, CA
3 months ago
Working at Discord is like working with an exciting, motivated, and talented family. Finding the right people to add into our unique mix is a difficult endeavor, so we're looking for an People Partner/Senior HR Business Partner to join our People team to manage HR operations and deliver a world class employee experience to the Discord family.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure a world class employee experience through the implementation and management of employee programs that support and enable a rapidly scaling startup.
- Partner with all levels of management to provide thought leadership and innovative solutions/strategies for a variety of people functions including organizational health, succession planning, employee relations, compensation, engagement, inclusion & diversity, learning, and performance coaching.
- Develop people-oriented programs to positively impact change management.
- Improving manager capability through 1:1 coaching and training workshops.
- Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., performance management, discipline, reward & recognition, and retention strategies.
- Provide high touch coaching and guidance to employees for performance and growth conversations.
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for individual and/or Discord-wide solutions.
- Inspire trust through confidence, poise, respect for others and a commitment to inclusion and fairness in alignment with our core values
- Manage in-house compensation programs.
- Partner with other People leaders to design, implement and manage programs that enhance all phases of the employment lifecycle.
- Be a culture builder ensuring our people initiatives, solutions and programs are reflective of Discord’s values.
- Drive people processes and ensure compliance with procedures, policies and best practices and regional law requirements.
- Continually challenge and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and solutions and recommend changes as appropriate to meet business and employee needs.
What you should have
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high touch, world class service to employees.
- A self-starter mindset, curious, highly collaborative, and cool under pressure. You bring levity to decompress tense situations, are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and execute on solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations.
- A balance of strategic thinking and transactional execution.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior human resources generalist or Business Partner position.
- Creative, dedicated and enthusiastic - willing to take smart risks and lead initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience building employer brand and turning companies into destinations for top talent.
- High attention to detail, well organized; an ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth startup
- A true HR generalist with broad knowledge across talent development, performance management, total rewards and engagement.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and demonstrated the ability to influence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and project management skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and build strong, collaborative relationships.
- High energy, proactive and flexible style, demonstrating ease adapting to a wide range of business situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in an ambiguous high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling.
- A commitment to and passion for progressive and innovative Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and a proven track record of implementation.
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- Experience with HRIS, benefits, and payroll systems
- A love of afternoon Milkbomb, boba, or coffee runs.