Employee Experience Lead
4 months ago
Job Title:Employee Experience Lead
Job Title: Employee Experience Lead
Reporting To: Director, HR Operations
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Remote
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
Activision Blizzard is looking for an Employee Experience Lead to help drive a team of Employee Experience Specialists in providing full employee lifecycle requests, and advising on Tier 0 & 1 level HR policy/process interpretation. You will provide support to teams across Talent Acquisition, HR, and the business. Of key importance will be managing and development of your team of Specialists to independently advise on company policy and processes and resolve manager, employee and HR inquiries, being the point of contact for day-to-day team escalations and identifying and recommending automation and process improvement opportunities.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of Specialists, with accountability for high standards of performance and service on your team. Guide your team through change and play a key role in adapting the services offered into a high-quality centralized service.
- Ensure that the team delivers with consistently high standards while driving continuous improvement initiatives and effectively managing HR compliance.
- Lead your team to provide excellent customer service and enable them to effectively manage incoming inquiries and routine questions related to all types of HR policies, programs and procedures coming from employees, managers and HR. Ensure your team are utilizing these queries to continuously improve Tier 0/1 information and drive increased direct access.
- Manage and escalate sensitive people related cases to the appropriate functions and ensure your team maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Your team will be able to successfully prioritize and close cases against a tight timeline to help influence efforts towards improving the overall manager and employee experience.
- Create reports on KPI’s and SLA’s and use that data to identify and provide visibility and insight where improvements are needed.
- Develop, oversee, and contribute to projects that involve changes to the services provided which are related to process, the employee experience and more.
- Motivate a team handling high volumes of requests in a fast-paced, constantly changing business by anticipating problems, prioritizing and being proactive every day.
- Partner effectively with HR, Centers of Excellence, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders to enable effective employee interaction.
- Act as subject-matter-expert and functional leader regarding service delivery queues and HR data systems, including Workday.
- 5 years’ experience with Employee Experience/HR Operations, preferably at a tech, gaming, entertainment, or similar industry.
- A minimum of 2+ years leading/managing an Employee Experience/HR Operations of specialists.
- Previous experience working in an HR Shared Service function.
- You’ll appreciate and understand the need for confidentiality and discretion in dealing with any people-related activities.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience with establishing new processes and leading on how systems and processes can be optimized to improve service offerings, with a track record in delivering successful process improvements
- Should be comfortable leveraging data to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage and partner with a diverse stakeholder group
- Experience working with HR data systems, inputting data and maintaining systems, preferably with a fast-moving company. Workday strongly preferred.
- Solid multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to work autonomously and with discretion
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-driven, results-oriented mindset with strong follow-through
- Easily manage through ambiguity, shifting between priorities and projects seamlessly
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and navigate internal and external audiences
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.