Emerging Markets Manager
7 days ago
We believe in making games players love to play, while pushing the boundaries of location-based and AR experiences on mobile. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating experiences for players that accelerates growth of Pokémon GO in Emerging Markets. You'll help drive the go-to-market growth strategy, coordinating product and marketing with on-the-ground resources and be our authority on Emerging Markets. We'll look to you for a grasp of the global mobile gaming landscape, using quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive growth marketing and business development initiatives, and seek opportunities in new markets. The right candidate has a passion for results-driven approaches and is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Together with the VP of Emerging Markets, engage in planning and goal-setting for our portfolio of “Emerging Markets”, and ensure that the appropriate resources are secured to support our initiatives.
- Manage key stakeholders, including business partners, IP holders, agencies, internal cross-functional collaborators.
- For early-stage markets (APAC): Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & growth strategies in close coordination with cross-functional partners such as Global Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Legal, Marketing, and Communications/PR teams.
- For mid-maturity markets (LATAM): Oversee execution of campaigns and initiatives to grow our user base, engage the user, and hit revenue targets.
- Seek and establish strategic partnerships (MNO, OEM, Convenience Stores, Google and Apple) in Emerging Markets to support game distribution and revenue growth.
- Analyze, track and interpret product and marketing metrics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Lead a small, scrappy team located around the globe to success.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience (ideally in F2P/freemium businesses on mobile) in areas including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Marketing for a B2C consumer product, software / gaming highly preferred.
- Agency management experience, from agency selection to high-level management.
- Data management and analysis (ideally in the mobile apps / gaming space).
- Experience in international, cross-border and cross-cultural business environments.
- Strong understanding and interest in markets within the scope of “Emerging Markets”: LATAM, Indonesia, India, the Philippines, etc.
- Shown capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with the ability to handle complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Management experience for teams of ~10, including hiring and staffing efficiently and compassionately.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $149,000 - $173,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.