Embedded Platform Developer
Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON
7 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
In this position, you will be developing an operating system for a mobile platform, specializing in low latency applications and rendering performance. A deep knowledge of OS development principles (hard and soft real-time, threading, resource management, security, etc...), as well as, a familiarity with existing AOSP implementations (binder, SurfaceFlinger, AudioFlinger, etc.) will serve you well in this position.
- Build Middleware services for the Magic Leap Product Operating System
- Designing and Developing core OS middleware systems using C and/or C++
- Producing unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when possible.
- Writing technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Working with application developers and embedded software developers to coordinate feature development
- Experience with low-latency operating systems development
- Very strong programming skills
- Experience with C++ and C
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with other existing middleware service systems for mobile platforms (IPC, Touch/Input, Camera, etc.)
- Familiarity with existing OS Middleware Services (bluez/bluedroid, gstreamer, input management, system policy, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Android and/or Android Services, and the Android NDK
- Experience with Android & GNU Makefiles, ADB, shell scripts.
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git/repo, Gerrit
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.