Embedded Marketing Artist - Games
11 days ago
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Embedded Marketing Artist
Hutch is seeking an experienced multidisciplinary Marketing Artist to work within one of our existing game development teams. You will be working closely with the team’s Art Director, Brand and Community Managers to provide marketing and social assets that will push and elevate the game’s art and messaging to new levels!
We believe in small autonomous teams that have a lot of responsibility. As such our Marketing Artists are true generalists and this role will give you the opportunity to focus on concepting, designing and creating promotional content within a dev team environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated, pragmatic Marketing Artist who thrives on the ability to be creative. You will have a passion to work in the mobile free to play space and be eager to immerse yourself in the marketable positioning of the game. This role will require collaboration across multiple teams and the ideal candidate will be comfortable facilitating conversations across disciplines as well as sharing new ideas and concepts at an early stage.
- Create engaging and impactful creatives (static and video) for external communication
- Transfer key marketing initiatives into high quality consumer facing visuals
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Brand and Community Managers on new campaigns that will include social and community assets to further engage our players
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing to create and iterate on creatives including icons and screenshots for ASO
- Create banner and feature art for App Store use
- Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Open and creative
- Able to communicate complex ideas in simple, visually appealing ways
- Experience using Maya, render experience would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills and a teamwork oriented attitude
- Exceptional eye for composition, contrast and colour
- Passion for creating content
- Manipulate image composition, paint over and retouching skills
- Understanding of social media, marketing and emerging trends
- Able to iterate thoughtfully
- Comfortable sharing your learnings
- Able to work both autonomously and as a part of a team
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- A flexible approach, occasionally working on other projects
- Prior experience within the game industry or in a video game studio
- After Effects knowledge and video editing skills
- Knowledge and passion for video games
- We make games with cars in. If you love cars that’s a bonus (but not a requirement!)
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.