Electrical Engineer- Graduate Program
2 months ago
PhD and Masters University Grad Position-Electrical Engineering
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD and Masters students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, and broader universities we are committed to empowering and elevating diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers!
We are seeking a Masters or PhD Student in Electrical or Computer Engineering to do research and design electronics hardware for the next generation of AR products. In this role you will be expected to perform as an individual contributor on an interdisciplinary product team through research, development, design, and testing. To have success during your time here we’d love for you to be innovative, creative, and enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The electrical hardware engineering team works closely with mechanical, optical, systems, industrial design, and manufacturing teams to design quality, high-volume, consumer AR products.
You will need to go into one of our offices regularly in Plantation, Florida or Austin, Texas.
- Applies engineering theory, data analysis and practical knowledge, under direction of engineering staff, to develop, verify and review their designs.
- Researches and reviews technologies that could be implemented to meet product goals.
- Builds and tests prototype devices to validate their designs.
- Creates preliminary specifications and requirements for product architecture and components.
- Creates prototypes, test plans, tests, and performs data analysis.
- Presents and communicates results and conclusions to the staff.
- You have engineering fundamentals, statistical data analysis experience, Matlab, SPICE, CAD (schematic and PCB layout) experience and programming experience with C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python.
- You enjoy working in a lab environment and using equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, programmable sources, and soldering tools.
- Solid key fundamentals of electrical design including power analysis, digital interfaces and communications, mixed signal design and high speed electrical interfaces.
- Technical aptitude to perform data analysis, theoretical analysis, and propose architectures to address product requirements and needs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- To be successful you have a positive attitude and high desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Electrical or Computer Engineering Masters or PHD student.