Level Designer – Eight Pixels Square, Derby
We are currently looking for Level Designers to add to our ambitious Design team here at EightPixelsSquare as we continue to develop our next big release. This is an amazing opportunity to work on our next big title and get stuck into level design. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Areas of Delivery
- Mission gameplay design & implementation - Using our in-house Unity tool to create or modify NPC and enemy behaviours in the game, enemy spawning, enemy attack waves, etc.
- Design and balancing/tweaking of gameplay features.
- Playtesting and assisting in bug fixing of features so that they reach a releasable standard.
- Presentation and explanation of the designs to relevant team members.
- Liaise with programmers and artists during the implementation of features.
- The game designer will be expected to take on board feedback from various sources (producer, review group, focus testing, publisher, license holder, etc ) and implement any necessary changes or revisions.
- Experience of using game tools (e.g. Unity / Unreal) to create and modify NPC/enemy behaviour in games, enemy spawning, enemy attack waves, etc.
- Experience of " Modding " or creating playable content & levels for pre-existing or new games will be considered in lieu of professional experience.
- A general intuitive knowledge of what constitutes good gameplay design, especially for mobile free to play games.
- Previous experience in a similar industry and role would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Initiative and self-disciplined approach to work.
- A keen interest in a wide variety of game genres and games in general, especially mobile & free to play games.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to different disciplines in a clear and accurate manner.
- Broad knowledge and interest in game theory and design principles
- Self-motivated, hard worker with a team-focused attitude and ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
About u s
Part of the Miniclip group, Eight Pixels Square is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning P eak D istrict national park.
Founded in 2012, Eight Pixels Square comprises of an elite team of veteran game developers. Over 50 million players worldwide enjoy Eight Pixels Square's catalogue of games across iOS and Android platforms. The studio’s focus is on creating engaging and high quality free-to-play games for mobile devices.
You will be working in our spacious office just outside Derby, with ample parking and convenient for public transport, working with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our office comes with a pool table, table tennis, big screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit & snacks delivered weekly, and regular team events.
In addition to a generous holiday allowance, we also have a fantastic benefits package, with B UPA medical cover, dental cash plan, cover for life insurance, pension plan and flexible working.
For more information, visit https://eightpixelssquare.com/