9 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning, Inc., is looking for an outstanding Researcher to lead projects evaluating the efficacy of our digital educational programs to inform curriculum and product design. This position will be a key part of the Efficacy Research & Evaluation team, which designs, implements, and analyzes research studies that assess the effectiveness of ABCmouse and other Age of Learning products in improving children’s learning outcomes.
As a Researcher, you will collaborate with our internal teams as well as external stakeholders. This includes working with the other Efficacy Research & Evaluation team members to set the research agenda and establish research studies processes. Additionally, you will partner with our internal product, curriculum, design research, and learning analytics teams to design features in learning programs that will ensure the collection of robust evidence of learning. And last but not least, you will also be responsible for engaging with our external partners in designing and planing our efficacy studies while also analyzing the quantitative and qualitative data collected. These various levels of partnership will require you to review and select instruments, participate in planning meetings, create protocols, conduct data coding, and maintain the integrity of all data collected. Furthermore, in this role, you will be responsible for conducting meaningful analyses of data using appropriate statistical/qualitative methods in order to draw insights for product evaluation and curriculum refinement.
This is a highly synergetic and impactful position that will be closely aligned with all sectors of our organization. We are looking to hire a Researcher who is enthusiastic about designing meaningful efficacy studies to support ongoing product and curriculum development, various proposals, marketing and communication efforts, and research dissemination work. If you are looking to find a role where you will make hands-on contributions to improving educational outcomes for millions of children across the world, while further establishing Age of Learning as a thought leader in the fields of education technology and early childhood education, then we strongly encourage you to apply for this Researcher opportunity!
- Research & Collaboration
- Support the efficacy team in setting its research agenda, strategy, and processes
- Participate in designing research / evaluation studies
- Support curriculum and product teams in the process of defining specific learning goals and identifying measurement options for learning outcomes
- Support product design and building process by providing input on features to ensure that they will enable us to collect robust evidence of learning
- Collaborate with teams of specialists in related areas (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, cognitive scientists, learning analytics researchers, curriculum specialists, game designers) to produce insights and actionable results for designers and developers
- Data Analyses & Communication
- Conduct analyses to generate insights to answer various research questions, identify patterns in the data, and test hypotheses/theories
- Work with curriculum experts, designers, and product developers to conduct the appropriate analyses designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of specific aspects of products and produce insights for product improvement
- Use visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R) to clearly communicate relevant analysis results to both internal and external stakeholders
- Produce data reports, highlights on specific findings, summaries of formative and summative data collection efforts, presentations, and publications
- Ph.D. in education, psychology, statistics, or a related field from a top-tier research institution or equivalent combination of education and research experience
- Expertise and background in research design, evaluation research, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and various analytic approaches
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use various software to analyze and code quantitative and qualitative data (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R, Dedoose)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Snowflake, and other software to clean and extract data (SQL), analyze data, create dashboards, and other associated tasks
- Experience preparing reports / peer-reviewed publications and delivering presentations for internal and external audiences
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience designing and conducting research on education technology products with children, at schools or in homes
- Experience working in an education technology company
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment