Efficacy Research Analyst
12 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning, Inc., is looking to hire an ambitious Research Analyst to help conduct the analyses of quantitative and qualitative data related to the efficacy of our digital education programs and curricula. The Research Analyst will be a key part of our growing Efficacy Research & Evaluation team, which designs, implements, and analyzes research studies that assess the effectiveness of ABCmouse and other Age of Learning products in improving children’s learning outcomes. This position is highly collaborative and will work closely with various departments to provide analyses of data from efficacy studies that support ongoing product and curriculum development, various proposals, marketing and communication efforts, and research dissemination work.
As a Research Analyst, you will contribute to building and refining a growing suite of research-based educational programs that serve children on a global scale. This includes participating in the evaluation of data from our ongoing research in the U.S, China, Japan, as well as additional international markets. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating and generating insights from 100+ million data points generated daily by millions of users worldwide. Your efforts will be critical in shaping key company decisions, and the insights you draw from the data will not only positively impact our business but also our end users.
Efficacy Research forms the core of Age of Learning’s work as we measure our success by the scale of learning improvements that our products drive. Moreover, educational effectiveness is an essential factor that shapes our curriculum, product, marketing, and communications strategies. If you have a passion for ed-tech, as well as experience managing and analyzing large-scale data in the efficacy research space, then we strongly encourage you to apply for this Research Analyst opportunity!
- Data Collection, Management & Analysis
- Collect and extract data from various research studies and databases
- Employ a range of tools to clean and organize raw data (quantitative and qualitative) into files/formats that can be readily analyzed
- Conduct data validation checks to ensure that all data are error-free
- Produce descriptive reports of data, highlights on specific findings, and summaries of formative and summative data collection efforts
- Conduct analyses to generate insights to answer various research questions, identify patterns in the data, and test hypotheses/theories
- Research & Collaboration
- Collaborate with teams of specialists in related areas (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, cognitive scientists, learning analytics researchers, curriculum specialists, game designers) to produce insights and actionable results for designers and developers
- Use visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R) to clearly communicate relevant analysis results to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with curriculum experts, designers, and product developers to conduct the appropriate analyses designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of specific aspects of products and produce insights for product improvement
- Master’s degree in education, psychology, statistics, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and research experience
- Experience in research design, evaluation research, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and various analytic approaches
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use various software to analyze and code quantitative and qualitative data (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R, Dedoose)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Snowflake, and other software to clean and extract data (SQL), analyze data, create dashboards, and other associated tasks
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience conducting research on education technology products with children, at schools or in homes
- Experience working in an education technology company
- Experience preparing reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment