Effects Artist (VFX) - Japan
16 days ago
A Keywords Studio, Wizcorp, is looking for an Effects Artist (VFX) to work on a project for the next generation console. Depending on your background, skills and experience, we will introduce you to the best possible position within our team.
This is a chance to be active worldwide as an artist of our group company, which has bases in 21 countries around the world. Your own experience and skills will be enriched by coming into contact with various styles of art from around the world and being involved in production.
Business content 🎮📆🕹
You will be involved in the overall work of effect design and effect production in game development.
The specific tasks are as follows.
- Cooperating with planners/programmers to devise and produce effects that match the game design
- Effect production (simulation, texturing, modeling, setup, etc.)
- Technical support for effect production
Selection flow 🈸⚙️😊
① Document screening and online screening
We will review all applicants' resumes within two weeks and if your profile matches our requirements, we will send you a test and assignment. Based on the results, we will contact you again and adjust the schedule for the first interview.
We will conduct three rounds of interviews to ask about your personality, passions, skills, and interest in our work. In addition, in order to share our vision and values, we will spend time on each person and carefully proceed with the interview. It is an interview to understand each other.
After the final interview, we will announce the final result within 2 weeks, and if you are accepted, we will send you an offer including details such as work content and salary.
⭐ Necessary conditions ⭐
- Those who have more than 5 years of effect production experience, not limited to game development
- Those who have N1 or N2 level of fluency in the Japanese language
👍 Welcome conditions 👍
- Those who have specialized skills and knowledge in the production process of effects
- Experience with multiple DCCs such as Houdini, Unreal (Niagara), Maya
- Those who have experience creating effects using Unity or Unreal engine
- Those who have knowledge of shaders and scripts
- Those who have a track record of leadership experience and management within a project
- Those who have the ability to understand English and have experience in production sites where English is required
- Those who have knowledge of 3DCG high-end graphics
- Those who have experience in negotiating with external companies, management, etc.
- Those who want to work as an effect artist worldwide
📍 Work location and hours 📍
⏲ Flextime system
Everyone uses their creative time differently, and you know best what works best for you.
You will work from Monday to Friday, with a core time of 11:00 to 16:00, and work 8 hours per day (excluding 1 hour break). I will leave the allocation of time other than core time to you.
🌎 Flexible place to work
Wizcorp is fully remote working, with most of our employees working from home. Of course, you can also work in the office if necessary, and you can use the conference room and desks with free addresses.
Asahi Seimei Daitabashi Building 8-9F, 1-22-19 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0063 ( 🗺Map )
To work for Wizcorp, you must reside in Japan. We will also support you in obtaining a work visa. Depending on the situation, we may allow you to work outside of Japan only during the probationary period.
💴 salary 💴
We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
- VF0: 250,000 to 290,000 yen per month (equivalent to 1 to 2 years of experience)
- VF1: 290,000 to 330,000 yen per month (equivalent to 2 to 3 years of experience)
- VF2: 330,000 to 370,000 yen per month (equivalent to 4 to 5 years of experience)
- VF3: 370,000 to 410,000 yen per month (equivalent to 6 to 7 years of experience)
Starting salaries for all new hires are based on experience and evaluation during interviews.
There will be a probationary period of 6 months after joining the company, but there will be no particular impact or change in salary during that period.
💹 Pay raises and bonuses 💹
- There is an annual performance appraisal, and salaries are reviewed according to experience and contribution to the project.
- Salary increases are made around October to November each year based on the budget and financial projections for the next fiscal year.
- No bonus will be paid.
🈷️ Benefits 🈷️
- Home office equipment/equipment allowance (15,000 yen/month)
- Private language lesson (English)
- Commuting expenses (However, commuter passes are not refundable)
♨️ ️Holiday/Vacation ♨️
- Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- Summer and winter holidays: 5 days a year (paid, applied after the trial period ends)
- Annual paid vacation: 10 days/year (first year, granted after trial period)
- Congratulatory or condolence leave
- Sick leave: 5 days a year (paid, applied after trial period)
🤝 Benefits 🤝
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.