18 days ago
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
We are looking for an Editorial Manager to join Epic Games to lead a variety of external writing projects for Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
This role sits on the Social and Editorial team within the global Epic Games Communications group. You’ll be working side by side with the writers and social media experts who support Fortnite and all Epic Games products.
What You'll Do
We're looking for someone who's excited to work in gaming and also has a penchant for copywriting to help us deliver even more weird and wonderful Mediatonic content to the world.
Working closely with the Communications, Marketing and Community teams, you'll craft blogs that exude Fall Guys’ exuberant brand tone while delivering all our marketing beats with crystal clarity. This role will work closely across Publishing and Development teams to get all the juicy Live-Ops info, so we’re looking for someone who can distil complex information into player friendly output.
In This Role You Will
- Write, edit and proofread both long-form and short-form content efficiently and at scale
- Create B2C content that exemplifies Fall Guys’ brand voice across a variety of channels such as 1st-party and owned blogs, websites, and consumer products
- Collaborate with our Dev and Publishing teams to create player-facing resources and content such as development blogs, MoDs, forum posts, video descriptions, guides and FAQs
- Be accountable for the content posting process from creation to pushing the posts live in backend systems
- Work with brand guardians to create Copy Guidelines for partners
- Stay up to date with industry player communication standards to ensure Fall Guys messaging continues to evolve with current trends
What We're Looking For
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, with a great eye for detail
- 3+ years of copywriting or journalism experience across short and long form mediums
- Ability to adapt messaging to different audiences and intent levels
- Ability to assimilate complex information and transform it into something easily digestible; whether for large teams of internal stakeholders or external consumer audiences
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects under tight deadlines
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Self-motivated, proactive, focused and able to work independently
- Knowledge of online game platforms and familiarity of modern web CMS systems is a plus
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel etc.)
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- A love for games and the gaming community