Editor Software Engineer
9 days ago
You are a Unity developer with a passion for creating great user experiences. You love being a part of the game industry and get joy from enabling people to make amazing and innovative things. You're driven to get things done and to do them right. You aren't afraid to take on and solve difficult problems. You want to work with people who encourage collaboration and cultivate new and innovative ideas.
We are looking for an Editor Software Developer who will join the Growth and Live Platform team focused on designing and building the ecosystem for the next generation of Unity developers. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take new developer's creations further and faster than ever before. You will be joining a team that is building powerful tools that empower developers to improve their projects, utilize key Unity features effectively, and ultimately be more successful at creating their first games.
- Design and extend the in-Editor interactive tutorial framework, used by developers for multiple types of projects
- Improve the architecture of existing systems and design and implement features to be used by other developers
- Code and design most of your day
- Document and test your code and related systems used by Unity developers on a daily basis
- Collaborate with an international development team
- Strong Unity Editor experience
- Fluent in C#
- Experience extending and maintaining complex systems
- Demonstrated experience contributing to existing codebase
- Experience creating one or more plugins for Unity and have published them through the Asset Store
- Have built custom tools within Unity for use by a game dev team during production
- Experience from creating consumer focused applications (Mobile or Desktop)
- Web development experience in either full-stack or backend engineer capacity
- Interest in teaching and/or creating learning material
- Experience using C++ or other programming languages
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.