Economy Fraud Engineer
16 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As an Economy Fraud engineer, you defend Roblox from all types of fraud, including purchasing and selling virtual items, real-time bidding of advertising slots, and payment fraud.
Roblox is a high-growth, unique product environment. You will be developing anti-fraud and abuse solutions for web, mobile, and 3D environments. This high impact work and your innovation is critical for the well-being of our community and to the future of our company. We aim for our users to have peace of mind that their communities and transactions are protected. Our defenses also protect our company’s rapid expansion and safeguard billions in revenue. Roblox’s virtual marketplace handles over 4 million transactions a day, and enables our top developers to make millions of dollars a year.
Our team’s challenges are not just regular day-to-day technical challenges. Fraud and abuse approaches need to shift over time, depending on the current behaviors of fraudsters. As an Economy Fraud engineer, you will be in a data-driven environment developing both classical and novel approaches to detect and prevent this bad behavior.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of large-scale, data-driven architecture, API design, data modeling, and SQL / NoSQL data storage.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through implementation and A/B testing, while being empathetic with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in the following is a plus but not required: risk prevention, machine learning, or analytical work. Risk prevention may include but is not limited to anti-Fraud, anti-Abuse, or Trust & Safety. Analytical work may include but is not limited to Data Analysis, Scientific Computing, Statistical Modeling, or Research.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Develop backend services, fraud platform components, and data pipelines that feed into our ML models.
- Occasionally perform data analysis to understand our Fraud & Abuse domain.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team members including those in product, machine learning, and data science.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.