20 days ago
At Rovio, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them! The Game Economy Designer will be responsible for designing economy systems, tracking metrics of live features, and making adjustments to improve the product as well as players’ experience. We are looking for a team player, a person who would work closely with technical/creative people. The team is located in Finland and plans to work in a hybrid model.
- Design economy systems for new projects, as well as analyse and adjust the economies of live games
- Setup and balance taps and sinks, and make sure the economy can scale
- Establish the pricing strategy for shops/rewards/special events
- Use data to optimise the economy
- Propose concepts and A/B tests to improve the monetization of the game
- Support other game designers in the creation and iteration on new features
- Create and maintain design documentation pertinent to the role
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Strong proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Good mathematical foundation
- Understanding of economy loops and monetization practices in F2P products
- Experience of working on F2P games (especially building/managing F2P economies)
- Ability to turn analyses into actions
- Strong team playerGreat communication skills (verbal and written)
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time and then have an interview with the lead designer to go over the results
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.