This job might no longer be available.
Economy Designer (All Levels)
18 days ago
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia, a Jam City Company, is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. Our ambition: to become a part of everyone’s life, to spark the flame of their imagination, and make a positive impact on their daily lives. That is why we work hand-in-hand with the world's leading entertainment franchises and dedicate ourselves to creating the best in mobile gaming every day. Awarded Montreal Top Employer 2021, at Ludia there is always room to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to be nourished by the sharing of cultures, visions, and expertise of all.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, incredible growth potential, and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to anchor ourselves in people's daily life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high-quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
FLEXIBILITY AT HEART:
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. You’d like to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully redesigned offices in Old Montréal? You’d rather stay in the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec? Or the idea of having the best of both worlds is what sparks a light in you? it's entirely up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day, designed for your daily well-being!
What does being a Game Economy Designer at Ludia look like :
- With producers, metric analysts, and the production team to help set priorities and direction for the economy.
- With the Design team to define game and monetization loops based on game direction.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure design goals are met, on time, while meeting or exceeding Ludia's quality expectations.
- Be a solution-oriented driving force within the design team at all times.
- Negotiate with teammates on system implementation methods, with a focus on speed of iteration.
- Establish/support with the performance manager the service operation vision, and evangelize it to the team members.
- Create tools and processes to establish the game's data architecture, including integration and validation, with a view to adapting to change.
- Provide the necessary verification tools for each team member to verify the direction of the game (key indicators, projections, etc.).
- Ensure consistency of functionality by following up with team members.
- Be able to accompany each designer and provide for their needs in terms of data structure (balancing, simulation, projections).
- Understand and be able to present complex systems by deconstructing them into simple modules.
- Balancing the economy of a game by being very clear about the desired intentions.
- Play through all content, examining all features and game mechanics frequently to maximize the level of enjoyment.
- Participate in the live-ops calendar by defining offers and events on a game that is live.
- Translate operational and product requirements into feasible and engaging entertainment experiences.
- Optimize and document balancing systems to make them easy to understand and transmit.
- Have delivered a minimum of 2 F2P mobile games and have been Live for several months, preferably in all aspects (pre-production, production, pre and post-launch, live ops).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality of gameplay features.
- Excellent understanding of the F2P business model and constraints.
- Able to design all aspects of a game, both from work in progress and from the beginning of production.
- Good technical skills with the ability to design and calibrate complex gameplay systems.
- Ability to articulate, and convey creative vision.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, database tools, and their configurations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to act as a mentor and facilitator in the service of iteration.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Cause we take good care of our Ludians !
- A 100% flex environnement: from your home, from our offices in the center of the Old Montréal, or in a hybrid mode
- Flexible hours
- Social events to connect
- Healthy breakfast, coffee, and tea, and offered lunch
- Access to our Gym and to its in-person and virtual classes starting on your first day
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM
- An impressive health plan and virtual medical assistance are available 24h/24h
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral, and bonus programs.
Ready to unleash your potential?
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
At Ludia we welcome, support, and celebrate diversity. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters inclusion and respect for all. We thus encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, and or part of any marginalized group to apply for our positions.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.