12 days ago
The Game Economic Designer’s goal is to create a framework (the economy) that will drive player’s engagement with the game beyond what the core gameplay alone could achieve. The economy itself should contribute to a rewarding player experience just as much as the core gameplay does.
To achieve that, you will work very closely with artists to define valuable rewards and items offers and with the game designers to improve features, define rewards strategies and balance the economy to enrich the overall game loop.
What you will do
- Design, prototype, recommend features and champion the economic systems and reward strategy to engage players, fullfill their needs and drive them to invest in our game economy (in- game as well as across multiple platforms and on-line services)
- Collaborate with game designers on new game features to maximize short and long-term player satisfaction, through rewards and connection with the in-game economy as well as looking for monetization opportunities
- Collaborate with artists to plan the desirable items to support rewards, economy and monetization systems
- Manage the economy and pricing of virtual items; balance free vs. paid content in the game economy for an optimal player and community satisfaction. Collaborate with game analysts to monitor the balancing and performance of the economy and provide actions upon insights
- Drive new initiatives for rewards or monetization to ensure players have a richer always engaging experience throughout the post launch of the game.
What it takes to do it
- Extensive knowledge on quantitative coursework (economics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, etc.),
- Experience in online multiplayer project required and type AAA highly recommended,
- Or, a first solid experience with a web-based company managing consuming products and/or social games.
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economic, reward strategy and user motivations.
- Understanding of UI design and flow; proven ability to define intuitive UI needs.
- Highly recommended: Knowledge of e-commerce systems, pricing strategies and merchandising. Past experience in economy design in a game
- Strong analytic skills including hands-on experience with analytics systems and testing methodologies.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP’s, Steep & Riders Republic!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.