Ecommerce Merchandise Planner
13 days ago
Ecommerce Merchandise Planner
Summary of the Role
The Ecommerce Merchandise Planner I will partner with the Ecommerce Merchandise Planning and Buying teams to develop, execute and communicate merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives for the Pokémon Center ecommerce business. This role will be responsible for balancing in-stock goals against excess and aged inventory, sell through rates and re-order cadence, by working closely with the Planner, Buyer and Supply Chain Team. This role will collaborate cross-functionally to support a rapidly growing product assortment, market presence and sales volume with the goal to ensure a best-in-class fan experience.
What You Will Do
- Manage regular Sales and Operations Planning reporting, to ensure products are available for website content and marketing initiatives
- Plan replenishment efforts and place orders to ensure appropriate inventory levels to meet inventory turn objectives through analysis of sales data & market trends and forecast
- Analyze & interpret sales data by product or category to provide insights and influence forecast.
- Manage on-going data entry into planning tools for assigned categories & products
- Support the development of category & product forecasts by working closely with the planning team to incorporate quantitative and qualitative inputs in order to meet financial targets
- Support the planning, coordination and execution of product launches by communicating in-warehouse dates, managing release dates and inventory availability
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in sourcing, production and logistics to improve product development processes and status visibility, and monitor production & procurement timelines
- Attend product line reviews and provide feedback to product development on product category opportunities using historical & market data points
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in merchandise planning
- 1+ years of experience within a multi-channel retail environment preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical & analytical information into business terms.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3 rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You can distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You are detail-oriented, consistent and reliable in the execution of your tasks and grasp how they affect team performance and company goals.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on industry trends and to seek opportunities for process improvements.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.