ETL Support Specialist
Montreal QC ca
9 days ago
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time ETL Support Specialist to support and maintain our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions. You will be responsible for supporting and improving the extract, transform, and load process into our data warehouse using ETL tools (Informatica and Teradata), and troubleshooting batch problems.
- Ensure 3rd level support for the ETL processes developed in Enterprise Data Warehouse (monitor the hourly, daily, monthly batches, troubleshoot and fix issues);
- Monitor existing data quality indicators (freshness, completeness, accuracy, etc.), adjust, improve and create new indicators;
- Maintain and improve the ETL jobs and related Data Warehouse models and objects;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Provide technical assistance for support requests;
- Have good understanding of user requirements and functional specifications;
- Identify long-term solutions, propose and suggest the most suitable alternatives;
- Create and update technical documentation;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches and studies on support websites, ask for relevant trainings...).
- 3 years’ relevant experience in BI domain;
- 3 years’ experience working with Data Warehouse solutions on :
- Database engine : Teradata or SQL Server or Oracle;
- ETL Tools: Informatica or Data Stage or Oracle Warehouse Builder
Skills & Knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Sense of initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies such as HDFS and HIVE is an advantage;
- Shell Scripting or Python is an advantage;
- Experience with data quality process implementation;
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy or Tableau, an asset;
- Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional data design and development techniques;
- Clear Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling concepts.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.