EMEA Territory Marketing Specialist (DACH & CEE)
9 days ago
Job Title:EMEA Territory Marketing Specialist (DACH & CEE)
Job Title : EMEA Territory Marketing Specialist (DACH & CEE)
Reporting To: DACH & CEE Territory Marketing Manager
Department : EMEA Marketing Communications
Location: Hybrid / London (2 days a week)
This role will be based in the UK, at our Soho Office. Our Soho office is in the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As EMEA Territory Marketing Specialist (DACH & CEE), you will support the delivery of territory marketing-led initiatives across the DACH and CEE regions, and selected EMEA activities, across Activision and Blizzard franchises. You will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the priorities of the DACH/CEE team and to the wider territory marketing vision of connecting our games to local audiences through meaningful local marketing actions, which are anchored in robust local insight.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the planning, delivery and execution of territory marketing-led initiatives that support franchise key beat priorities: local marketing campaigns, local first party platform partnerships, local third party brand partnerships, local paid media planning (and local events, as required).
- Supporting the provision of strategic and tactical local insight and expertise that will help inform and enhance franchise go-to-market planning and execution (e.g., proposing local in-game content, local social content, local content in global campaigns).
- Supporting the development and evangelization of local market opportunities that will drive meaningful player / revenue growth in the DACH/CEE region across Activision & Blizzard franchises, encompassing new release and live services.
- Fostering effective and positive collaboration with the DACH/CEE territory communications team to drive effective everyday local collaboration, primarily focused on delivering integrated local campaigns for franchise key beat priorities.
- Collaborating positively and effectively with regional cross-functional teams (including franchise, communications, consumer marketing, paid media, brand partnerships, platform, social media & digital publishing, community, commercial, consumer products and others) to support delivery of territory marketing-led initiatives.
- Socalising and evangelising territory marketing-led initiatives effectively and in a timely manner across the business to provide strong visibility across key stakeholders.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
This role is a Specialist level position where you'll thrive with a can-do attitude and won't be afraid to get proactively involved in a working environment that will empower and encourage you to think creatively, all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives.
You’ll be a confident, proactive, dedicated, and empathic personality that embodies team spirit with the added extra of being a bold go-getter, tenacious in nature, who can work autonomously when required, all with a great sense of humour.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German, with Polish extremely advantageous.
- Build and foster productive internal and external stakeholder relationships by using your excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with demonstrating strong influencing skills.
- Excellent organization skills coupled with high attention to detail, seeking to deliver tasks to the highest standards on time, with strong self-motivation to deliver high performance.
- Demonstrable experience in self-prioritizing of work and appropriately responding to urgent matters.
- Strong presentation skills that encompass preparation to delivery of high quality materials that can range from pitching campaign ideas to presenting execution wrap-ups.
- Handling sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Awareness of business planning and consumer audiences (targeting, segmentation, trends).
- Willingness to travel, when required.
- Finally, a passion for gaming and entertainment is a must.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.