EMEA Territory Marketing Senior Specialist, UK & Nordics
1 day ago
Job Title:EMEA Territory Marketing Senior Specialist, UK & Nordics
Job Title: EMEA Territory Marketing Senior Specialist (UK/Nordic)
Reporting To: UK/Nordic Territory Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: Office based (Soho, London) and hybrid work from home
Contract Term: 6 month fixed-term contract
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Our office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and free on-site gym.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB !
As EMEA Territory Marketing Senior Specialist (UK/Nordic), you will be supporting and contributing towards the delivery of territory marketing activations across the EMEA markets, with focus on UK and Nordic as required, across Activision and Blizzard franchises. You'll thrive in an upbeat team environment, will be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the goals of the team.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most sophisticated data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Working with the territory marketing team to support, and contribute towards the key areas of territory marketing activation responsibility:
- Local key beat campaign planning, local 3rd party brand partnerships, local 1st party console marketing planning, local media planning and local consumer event planning to deliver high-value activations that connect and resonate with local audiences.
- Identify areas of local market opportunity across all Activision & Blizzard franchises, encompassing both new release and live services, that will drive player and revenue growth.
- Provide effective local market insight and knowledge (including flagging legal requirements) to ensure due consideration within both game and global marketing planning.
- Support marketing asset localization and delivery of local initiatives to support global campaigns, where required. e.g. local social content.
- Co-ordinate and evangelise local key beat plans with wider internal partners, working with relevant cross-functional teams.
- Foster a close working partnership with the territory communications team to drive effective cross-functional local collaboration.
- Management of territory marketing budgets for specific functional areas, as required.
This role is a Senior Specialist level position where you will thrive on a can-do demeanour, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think creatively all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition, you will have:
- A Degree level education preferred or relevant to the experience required for the role.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced marketing environment, preferably in the gaming or entertainment industry.
- Proven track record of delivering sophisticated projects requiring strong project management skills, attention to detail, accountability
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with other EMEA languages advantageous (particularly Swedish).
- Ability to build positive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal skills along with strong partner management skills.
- Able to manipulate data from various sources – MS Office expertise is a requirement - to prepare reports, modelling, forecasting and franchise performance updates
- Ideally has knowledge of the gaming industry (trends / media / influencers)
- Passion for marketing and creativity is essential.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard.
- Demonstrable experience in self-prioritizing of work and appropriately responses to urgent matters.
- Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding performance standards
- You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
- Finally, a passion for gaming and entertainment is crucial
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.