EMEA Senior Finance Manager
7 days ago
Job Posting TitleEMEA Senior Finance Manager
SummaryAs the Senior Finance Manager for the Europe, Middle East and Africa, this finance role has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely accounting services and robust financial controls for the Uxbridge-based finance function, leading the general ledger team and partnering with senior leaders across the business. This role is a key member of the EMEA Management Team whose vision is to provide superior service experiences to our customers and employees to support scalable business growth.
What You'll Do
· As a people leader for a team of three +, responsible for driving a high-performance culture where quality output matters
· Lead innovative projects to drive people engagement across the team, as well as continual team and process improvements.
· Performance management responsibilities including creation of performance goals and objectives, to further develop the accounting team
· Responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of the team
· Practice positive leadership to foster exceptional goals and team culture
· Responsible for the monthly General Ledger close and reporting process; timely review and approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
· Manage team to complete all tasks within prescribed time frames, per Group timeline
· Approve weekly AP runs, and monthly payroll for multiple countries/locations
· Responsible for intercompany accounting, balancing between multiple entities and monthly intercompany reporting
· Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting, EGM and non-EGM assets; strong communication with Commercial Finance to ensure capturing of machine movement, new installs, and removals
· Oversight for Accounts Receivable, including credit, billing, collections and customer relationships
· Responsible for accurate recording of revenue monthly, including accruals and contra revenue; work closely with Commercial Finance team to ensure revenue and related costs are captured appropriately
· Prepare/submit supplemental reporting schedules to AUS for half-year and full-year close/reporting
· Financial statement, management information and analytical reviews, including research, as needed
· IFRS and Aristocrat Policies Subject Matter Expert
Audits / Statutory and Regulatory Reporting
· Primary contact for outside auditors; responsible for driving and supporting external audit requirements
· Prepare Impairment and Going-Concern reviews, as needed
· Responsible for timely preparation and delivery of the audited financial statements to meet local statutory and/or regulatory requirements
· Responsible for timely completion of multiple regulatory and tax reporting requirements for EMEA entities; work with multiple audit firms to coordinate completion of filings
· Complete the Corp Tax and VAT returns for EMEA entities; work with auditors as needed
· Primary contact for internal audit requirements of EMEA, as needed
· Provide local support for new lines of business, as applicable
· Key approver for operational finance matters including invoices, banking, and credit cards
· Optimise strategies to enhance cash management positions, partnering with Group Treasury
· Foreign exchange, currency, and Letters of Credit consideration assessments
Budgets and Forecasting
· Responsible for preparing annual budget and quarterly forecast for balance sheet and free cash flow
· Working capital management partnering with other department leaders and commercial finance to drive Free Cash Flow
Internal Controls / Continuous Improvement
· Ensure robust internal controls are consistently applied; ensure appropriate user access and segregation of duties controls are in place for the EMEA systems (SAGE, Concur, etc) and Shared Drives
· Implementation and maintenance of Finance Policies and Authority Matrix; review compliance with accounting and finance policies; recommend and advise on policy improvements
· Work with Continuous Improvement team to drive process improvements
· Drive documentation, standardization and streamlining of processes
· Partner with Group teams to rollout new systems, as needed
· Embrace technology to help drive efficiency and process improvements across the team
· Key connector of multiple stakeholders including local Commercial Finance and Supply and Operations, and Group Planning, Technical Accounting and Tax teams in AUS
· Understand customer (internal and external) needs; adaptability is required to drive and deliver superior service to key stakeholders
· Advises stakeholders on accounting impacts of transactions / helps develop solutions to challenges with key focus on revenue transactions, margins analysis and revenue recognition
· Member of management team and involved in strategic initiatives for the company
What We're Looking For
- Candidate will be an active Chartered or Certified Accountant and most likely have completed their degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field with equivalent experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles, including revenue recognition, and end-to-end processes
- Excellent communicator who can present, write, and influence all levels of staff and management.
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to foster positive team environment
- Experience building, developing and leading a team; energetic and positive; approachable; understanding of work-life balance for team as well as self
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities; can identify and solve problems with innovative thinking
- Detailed orientated and can meet tight deadlines.
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives
- Detailed understanding of the importance of robust control environment.
- Audit experience (either as an external auditor, or being involved in working with auditors)
- A minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience of a finance, preferably with experience of accounting close.
- Have identified change initiatives to deliver process improvements and efficiency.
- A person with a passion for driving continual improvements.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.