FIFA Ultimate Team - Lead Game Product Manager
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
1 month ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kind of like that!
The Lead Game Product Manager mission, in close collaboration with the wider Development Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding product and live service experience for our players. You will have a mix of strategic acumen, creative instinct and analytical ability that can help create actionable plans, feature sets and content strategies that benefit our players. You are an experienced and proven leader with the right mix of a passion for gaming, design, and business. You see things differently, strive for continuous improvement, and make informed decisions with just enough data.
- Translate strategic directives into objectives and key results. Monitor and drive strategy around attaining results through the definition of associated KPIs.
- Partner closely with production and design teams to conceptualize, spec and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems and modalities of play that fulfill objectives.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities that provide value to players and align with our business objectives.
- Proactively identify short and long term optimizations and feature implementations to maximise player experience and business performance.
- Drive best-practice strategies in creating and optimizing virtual economies.
- Partner with analytics to define experimentation roadmap, leveraging A/B testing and machine learning to achieve objectives and generate product and player insight. Translate outcomes into actionable recommendations.
- Track and develop a deep understanding of gaming trends and insights.
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource, assisting in the resolution of complex problems and growing skills and knowledge.
- Set up successful collaborations across internal EA studios as well as with external partners.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Game Product Management role or similar.
- Experience running and optimizing a Live Service.
- Exceptional business & design capabilities - you can confidently draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes.
- A deep understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories, and demographics.
- The ability to critically evaluate design, UX, and economy that influence player behavior.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Sound and proven ability in using and understanding in-game trends using data insights to impact top line KPIs.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
- Highly desirable, but not essential: A passionate Soccer fan with a good understanding of the core mechanics of FIFA Ultimate Team.
- B.S./B.A. degree in a quantitative major/degree.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav