1 month ago
Job Title - Drupal Developer
Reports Into - Website Manager
Application Closing Date - 30/11/2023
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit About Kwalee….
Kwalee is a games publisher and developer based in Leamington Spa, UK, which boasts more than 1 billion installs on mobile platforms with games such as Teacher Simulator, Draw it, Bake It, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky! and Line Up: Draw the Criminal. The company also publishes a growing catalogue of PC and console titles including Eternal Hope, Tens, Scathe, and Wildmender along with the upcoming titles ROBOBEAT, Space Chef, The Precinct and The Spirit of the Samurai.
Founded by games industry icon and Codemasters co-founder David Darling CBE, who is joined by a fast-growing team of global gaming experts with studios in the UK, India, Portugal and China and remote team members all over the world, Kwalee is on the lookout for high-quality games to publish on all platforms and encourages developers to get in touch.
Outside of its games, Kwalee is also highly active in the industry, as an ambassador of not-for-profit organisation Women in Games and a regular supporter of the charity SpecialEffect.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Mid-Level Drupal Developer, you will play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our website to meet the evolving needs of our business. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and work on a variety of projects, making this a challenging and rewarding opportunity for Drupal experts.
Your Team Mates
The front-end team consists of both our frontend developers and designers, we work closely with all parts of the business to create websites and portals that vary across the whole company, from the publishing team to create a portal for people to submit games, the marketing team on things like our website, all the way to our internal teams for things like administration and analytics.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Drupal websites, ensuring optimal performance and security.
- Customize Drupal modules and themes to meet specific project requirements.
- Manage content, create custom content types, and ensure a smooth content publishing process.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure a seamless integration of the user interface and user experience.
- Integrate third-party applications and services with Drupal websites, ensuring data flows smoothly.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and implement optimization techniques.
- Implement security best practices and ensure the website is protected from potential threats.
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for developed websites and modules.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, content creators, and project managers.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome Inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing methodologies and tools (VWO) is a plus
- Support with other web development projects as required
Your Hard Skills
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.