16 days ago
Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
The Documentation Specialist will support the client’s Chinese Localisation team and will work closely with the client’s tools, processes and personnel.
The Documentation Specialist will also support that client as on localisation project coordination, including hand-off and delivery of localisation projects of varying work scope, concurrently within the timeframe agreed with the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extract and manage English and Simplified Chinese terminologies from in-game and around game content.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with the client’s Chinese localisation and publishing teams on terminology accuracy and relevance.
- Work closely with the client’s Chinese localisation team on project specifications.
- Create and maintain glossaries, documentation and style guides for existing and new projects.
- Update and maintain reliable linguistic assets for multiple projects, including live projects with regular content updates.
- Seek solutions for issues that arise during projects and escalate risks as necessary.
- Propose improvements to process where applicable.
- Work with the client’s localisation tool to organise tasks and deliveries.
- Hand off files to the client’s language providers.
- Monitor status and track delivery of projects.
- Experience in the localization industry, preferably in games or media & entertainment.
- Passion for the video game industry, with solid experience in playing games.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Simplified Chinese.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and MS Office products.
- Flexible towards working hours.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Esports is preferred.
- Knowledge of China censorship requirements is preferred.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This is a 1-year contract (renewable) position.
- This is an in-house position located in Keywords Singapore Studios.
- Nearest MRT: Lavender