Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coordinator
5 days ago
Job Title:Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coordinator
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is growing! As a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coordinator you will support our DE&I Manager and fellow coordinators in managing game content, coordinating events, managing external partnerships, supporting internships, and tending to our inclusive studio culture.
We are open to candidates with varying levels of experience and who are working from any of our studio locations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the relationship between content teams and external consultants to help us create diverse and inclusive content
- Work with stakeholders across studios to iterate on DE&I workflows and pipelines
- Coordinate DE&I events with our Kaleidoscope committee and brand & marketing teams
- Maintain partnerships with external organisations
- Support the career advancement of our team members, from internship programs to leadership coaching
- Take ownership over specific initiatives and see them through from ideation to completion
The ideal candidate for this role is…
- Passionate about improving DE&I in games and the games industry
- Motivated to form and maintain relationships with people and organisations
- Excellent at communicating verbally and in writing
- Organised and able to manage project timelines
- Able to adapt to changing priorities at different stages of our projects
There are some additional skills and experiences that would assist you in this role…
- Experience working in the videogame industry
- Experience using Confluence and/or Jira
- Experience with event planning, social media, and/or project management
- Experience providing feedback on content from a DE&I perspective
However, if you do not have these, please don’t be discouraged from applying! We would like to hear how your unique skillset could help us make our company a more diverse and inclusive space.
Sledgehammer Games is situated in the San Francisco Bay Area; Melbourne, Australia; Toronto, Canada; and Guildford, UK. Across our four locations, we strive to be the most inclusive and supportive game studio we can be.
We are extremely passionate about working together to make incredible AAA games for our players to enjoy and connect with. We’re the studio behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry.
The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We think it’s important to be constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.