Director of Technology
11 days ago
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10K through Kickstarter, the Exploding Kittens campaign raised $ 8.7M
in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is one of the #1 most-backed projects in Kickstarter history and has sold over 18 million tabletop games to date.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s
founder Matthew Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games seek to reshape traditional game night into an entertaining person-to-person experience. Today, there are nearly 30 games available for purchase as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS
, and the Nintendo Switch
console, as well as a free-to-play app, Kitty Letter.
We are looking to hire an experienced Director of Technology with broad experience implementing and managing IT systems in a startup environment including managing ecommerce platforms, middleware, ERPs, data warehouses and BI systems. This is a new position at Exploding Kittens, as we’ve grown rapidly and are excited to establish this key role to support the growing business. As a key technology leader at Exploding Kittens, you will be an integral part of our success, responsible for both building out the team and capabilities to ensure the business can be as productive and efficient, operating safely and securely, for many years to come.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Oversee our new ERP implementation and system integrations with external vendors and partners as well as internal systems. Partner with the Executive team to plan our 3 year roadmap to support Exploding Kittens’ rapid global growth needs
- Direct the implementation of our Enterprise reporting and data warehouse, building from a foundation of Snowflake and Tableau to develop an enterprise dashboard and prioritize business requirements and new subject areas
- Support our DTC business and lead our upgrade to Shopify 2.0, ensuring the systems meet business requirements for domestic and international ecommerce. Support all Shopify.com integrations with third party systems
- Manage third party contractors including internal IT Helpdesk consultants as well as other consultants supporting DTC, Analytics and BI, and our ERP
- Proactively identify technical risks and issues for the business and implement systems and processes to mitigate. Create a roadmap of technology systems necessary to support business today and in three years
- Establish and support technical program management competency, including managing project managers, project delivery in accordance with the roadmap
- Understand and articulate the pros and cons of technical and design choices, enabling the team to provide the best player experiences on a variety of platforms
- Attract, retain and mentor technical talent as the team grows
- Work closely with various stakeholders to support their business needs
WHAT WE NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience with 10 years IT experience
- 5+ years of experience in a senior IT leadership position with people leadership experience, supporting a B2B and B2C retail business
- 5+ years of experience developing strategic and tactical plans for delivering technology services and solutions
- Hands on experience with managing, implementing and supporting ERP systems, middleware systems, Quickbooks, modern data warehouse and BI platforms, and ecommerce systems
- Experience leading internal helpdesk, procurement and onboarding/offboarding of employees
- Startup experience critical, the ability to be hands on in selecting and implementing technology solutions, while also growing and leading a team
- Ability to be a player-coach that can successfully lead the strategic technology vision and individually contribute to the work necessary to achieve the goals
- Proven self-starter that is motivated to initiate projects and successfully take them from the planning stage to launch and beyond
- Strong project management skills with the ability to create RFP’s, project plans, roadmaps, prioritize work and drive projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Comfort working with cross-departmental teams to accomplish goals
- Passion for games, both digital and physical
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens . Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.