Director of Studio Operations
9 days ago
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, the Mafia series, and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
2K’s Cat Daddy studio is in Kirkland, Washington. Way before Harley Howe and Patrick Wilkinson formed Cat Daddy Games 20+ years ago, Harley was exposed to the perils of falling trees at a family-owned timber company. In those days, a cut tree commonly got stuck on other trees as it fell towards the ground. The solution was a person called a "cat daddy." A cat daddy climbed up stuck trees to hack away at their tangled branches ... and then had to rush downwards as trees started to fall. The more time Harley spent with cat daddys, the more he realized they were responsible for enormous amounts of creativity and bravery.
Cat daddys left quite the impression on Harley. When Pat and Harley started their video game company, it seemed fitting that Cat Daddy Games be the name. After all, Pat and Harley were operating without a safety net and making adventurous games on a variety of emerging platforms. Kinda like a nerdier version of cat daddys.
About the Team
Cat Daddy Games is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive, so it’s part of a pretty big family. And while we love making massive games and being in something so impressive, the studio is a small group of incredibly talented game makers who get the job done with collaboration, skill, grit and humor.
Cat Daddy has shipped games of almost every genre and on almost every platform. Whether it was the rise of simulation games, handhelds, the Wii, Kinect, and now VR and mobile, we've always pushed to make something cool. We are a fun, hard-working, and dedicated family of experienced game developers. A lot of our employees have been here for over 10 years and we're growing our family even more!
What We Need
The Director of Studio Operations is a member of the studio leadership team and responsible for the overall operational management of the studio. This role will own relationships with both 2K/T2 QA, legal, customer service, finance, and operations and outside licensors and vendors. This role will also lead a team of producers, managing milestones and P&L on each project.
- Provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure that the studio has the appropriate level of controls, processes, technology, facilities and resources to effectively grow while maintaining product development efficiency.
- Properly allocate resources to achieve on-time delivery of high-quality games.
- Proposes and then manages the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Proactively identifies issues that could impede success and provides solutions/ recommendations; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Manages project budgets, milestones, and a team of producers to support on-time delivery of games and features.
- Manages relationships with licensors and vendors.
- Determines and gains approval for all resource requests in support of Product Development group.
- Develops a method and turnover plan for providing appropriate hardware, software, and licenses to development team
- Maintains facilities in manner accommodating to development team.
- Ensures that all studio resources are being utilized effectively.
- Manages communications and relationships with 2K and T2 on an ongoing basis.
- Budget Management - drives annual studio budgeting process and incremental monitoring and reconciliation in cooperation with Product Development and as defined by 2K.
- Highly organized, energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical operational initiatives
- Experience identifying, communicating, managing, and mitigating risks
- Proven ability to communicate and build relationships with all disciplines throughout a studio and with corporate
- Proven ability to contribute as a member of a leadership team in a competitive, fast-paced, creative environment
- Effective at leading and managing employees and relationships with partners and vendors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and propose workable solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups