This job might no longer be available.
Director of Strategic Partner Management
2 months ago
We are looking for a Director of Strategic Partner Management who is passionate about ensuring the success of Discord’s most important strategic relationships covering verticals including consumer technology, digital media, gaming and more. In this role, you will bring passion and creativity to continuously identify ways we can deepen and expand our existing partnerships.
You will interact with senior executives at our partner organizations and be a trusted evangelist for Discord’s products and priorities. Internally, you will be an advocate for our partners and bring the “voice of the customer” to inform cross-functional team discussions and business decisions.
As one of the leaders of the business development team, you will help to shape Discord’s role in strengthening user engagement and belonging at the intersection of digital media and communications.
What you'll be doing
- Proactively manage a portfolio of existing top partners as well as onboarding of new partners as our business expands
- Cultivate strong partner relationships, develop a deep understanding of their business priorities as well be able to identify key decision makers and stakeholders
- Develop strategic account plans (goals, timelines & KPIs), drive alignment of those plans as well as its execution
- Articulate and refine Discord value proposition as needed, to secure partner commitments to expand our relationships
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including finance, marketing, operations, legal and product to ensure partnership execution and success
- Lead monthly, quarterly partner business reviews as well as preparation of briefings and presentation materials for executive meetings
- Mentor, motivate and develop team of account management professionals
What you should have
- 15+ years of proven experience in account management with strong reputation for being a trusted partner
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to inspire and engage at all levels within an organization
- Strong program management and organizational skills with keen eye for details
- Ability to develop new ideas and independently build a business case and pitch it to relevant stakeholders
- Experience in people management in leading high-performing teams
- Keen knowledge of digital media and tech trends and an informed perspective on consumer applications of such trends
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment which requires the ability to pivot quickly, multi-task and ruthlessly prioritization of projects and resources
- Team player with a sense of humor, humility & empathy
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.