Director of Sales
13 days ago
At AccelByte, our mission is to empower game creators by providing them with the backend platform and tools required to make scalable, reliable AAA-quality games. The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans who have engineered online systems for some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world including Fortnite, Epic Store, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and EA Origin. We are backed by top investors including Softbank, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Galaxy Interactive, NetEase, and Krafton. Our latest Series B funding has firmly solidified our place as a top player in the gaming industry. AccelByte’s talent has decades of experience building and shipping some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world.
We believe that the best companies empower employees to make decisions, obsess about the best user experience, and are not afraid to make and learn from their mistakes. Our culture is based on humility, openness to feedback, drive, and collaboration, which we feel results in the best performing teams. As a company that values diversity, inclusion, and employee growth, our employees have opportunities to work with and learn from teams all over the world. We offer competitive salaries, a full range of health benefits, social activities, career growth opportunities, and an amazing team. Come join us!
As a Director of Sales, you will be responsible for leading a team of high performing sales and account managers and help to define and execute the company’s sales strategy. This position will work closely with our internal, cross-functional teams to collaborate, drive and execute our sales and technical strategy, while also overseeing the overall customer-relationship management. This position will be a primary stakeholder helping to scale customer adoption and exponential revenue growth globally.
The Director of Sales is accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Develop short and long-term sales plans and comprehensive sales strategies to achieve Accelbyte’s business goals including identifying new sales opportunities and potential partnerships to expand the company’s presence in the gaming industry.
- Own and manage the entire sales lifecycle from lead generation to onboarding.
- Help define, set, and track sales quota’s & performance against goals.
- Prepare regular reports and forecasts to assess the team's performance. Present sales insights to the executive team to help strategic decision-making.
- Undertake and drive customer meetings, presentations and site visits, as needed.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to develop a deep understanding of the company's products and services and keep up to date of product releases and effectively communicate the unique selling points of each to potential customers
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with customers and collaborate with legal and finance teams to ensure compliance.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers and act as the primary point of contact for customer negotiations to secure deals and partnerships.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitor analysis, and emerging technologies to identify opportunities and potential risks. Use market insights to refine sales strategies and approach.
- Represent the company at gaming conferences, trade shows, and events to network with potential clients and promote the company's products and services.
- Provide leadership to the Sales & Marketing team in an innovative, fast-paced environment, as well as create and foster a high-performance culture, including encouraging improvement and advancement with individualized growth plans.
- Establish daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly targets to act as a guideline that enables measurement of individual and group performance
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- Meet with team members 1:1 on a regular basis and give frequent, actionable feedback to support the team’s career growth
- Lead larger organizational initiatives beyond immediate team responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Passion for Gaming and Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce or any related field and any significant relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience of working within the gaming industry working in sales or business development teams.
- 10+ years of B2B Sales Experience, with focus on building and leading high performance SaaS B2B sales teams.
- Proven track record of success in sales in AAA games, game backend or gaming or a related computer gaming industry sales role;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing high performing sales teams.
- A strong network of contacts within the gaming industry;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret sales data and market trends;
- Proven business development, game development, sales, or marketing experience within the gaming industry with an existing network.
- Demonstrated ability to work through highly complex deal structures involving a diverse set of global stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues, and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense.
- Ability to build a working relationship with employees, managers and the leadership team based on respect and good rapport.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner, protecting the organization’s value.
- Flexibility to adjust to work routines, as required, to meet the needs of the company.
- Ability to travel 50% or more
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability. Our culture is innovative and inclusive, and we value our people the highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions https://accelbyte.io/careers