This job might no longer be available.
Director of Quality Assurance - Riot Platform Group
Los Angeles, CA
4 months ago
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every day to achieve the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
The Director of Quality Assurance is the leader of product level quality goals. You will oversee development of the product quality strategy while embodying the dedicated quality mindset that elevates quality and other disciplines to higher degrees of product and process integrity. You will be a product guide, and set the bar for product quality and delivery milestones.
As Director of Quality Assurance for the Riot Platform Group (RPG) you will report to the Head of Engineering. You will be responsible and accountable for creating and promoting a holistic quality assurance strategy for a software platform which will power multiple Riot Games. This will include working with the Engineering Lead(s) to evaluate best practices for quality standards for multiple teams within RPG. You will support integration in the software development cycle and be the expert on automation and integration testing practices across projects.
- Leadership of initiative level Quality Assurance leads including propagation of best practices for Quality, automation, and integration testing.
- Ensuring that your team(s) are operating at a high degree of success, working well with partners, and working towards growth and career development.
- Develop the quality strategy for scope including: technology solutions (tools and automation) as part of a comprehensive plan for the product
- Improve processes to increase the efficiency and efficacy of product development across the product to positively shape the delivery of high-quality player value
- Assessment and identification of product risks with product leadership to ensure mitigation steps are considered and taken to enhance product delivery
- Working closely with the RPG Technical Leads to ensure that products are following the expected KPIs for stress, scale, and sustainability
- 8+ years experience in Quality Assurance
- 5+ years of leadership and mentorship experience
- Experience building agile product development pipelines and workflows
- Collaborative problem solving and goal setting experience
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certifications
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT) Certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.