Director of Production
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, drives for quality and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Director of Production to lead the charge on a new AAA Survios game.
As our Director of Production…...
- Define the role production plays at Survios and establish expectations for each level of the discipline, providing mentorship, feedback, and a career path for each Producer.
- Manage the Production Team across multiple projects.
- Drive the creation, execution, and continued support of studio-wide best practices and processes.
- Managing staffing and budgets across all game projects
- Ensure our slate of projects are on track to deliver on time, on budget, and to the highest possible quality. Work with other studio leaders to compromise and find solutions for balancing this triangle.
- Build and nurture a capable team that finds opportunities to maximize their potential and takes pride in their accomplishments.
- Help build and maintain the project P&Ls, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and providing analysis and reporting to senior leadership.
- Support studio leadership in establishing quality targets, building cohesion across project leadership, and achieving team member agreement.
- Bring together leaders from all disciplines to address challenges and identify opportunities for future growth and development.
- Report on studio deliverables and risks to director and executive stakeholders.
- Foster relationships between Studio with supporting partner organizations such as Legal, Marketing, Publishing, HR and Operations.
- Form strong working relationships with discipline directors.
- Establish trust and credibility with studio leadership and external partners.
- 12+ years of production experience across the full development life cycle.
- Should Include 5+ years of production leadership, with performance accountability.
- Experience shipping successful games in a Senior or Lead Producer role.
- Expertise using production tools and multimedia software applications.
- Excellent conceptual and technical writing skills.
- Change management, and conflict resolution skills.
- High degree of initiative to take opportunities to make improvements.
- Collaborative and influence-driven leadership style.
- Deep passion for gaming and thinks deeply about how games work and what makes them succeed.
- Humility, Compassion, Integrity, Ownership.
- AAA Console Development
- VR Development
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.