Director of Production - Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Director of Production to join our Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks team in our Culver City studio hub, or remotely within the US!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks is a top grossing solitaire game. The close knit team has an outstanding culture where they embrace and respect each other as individuals and equals.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Director of Production to work on Tiki TriPeaks Solitaire. You will own the execution of the product through the development cycle, from pre-production to launch onto live operations. This is a leadership role that will continue to have hands-on experience as well as manage high-performing remote teams. Reporting to (and leading the execution in collaboration with) the game team's General Manager, you will work with all business stakeholders of the game in managing the product through the various development cycles. Responsibilities may include:
- Drive execution of the game development team
- Partner closely with the game team's General Manager and Product Owner to deliver on short and long term development objectives and translate these into clear operation and action plans
- Have a detailed understanding of where the project is; the EP/DoP will be able to give a detailed (if high level) overview of any part of the project, aware of how each area is tracking, the goals, challenges, as well as managing risk assessment while also defining mitigation plans that deliver on great outcomes for the product
- Responsible for seeing that the development partner and creative / product leadership are both set up for success when tackling the goals of the business -- must push for alignment in how the team accomplishes the goals, and do so in a way that is supportive of both Scopley and the developer as well as validating plans through the journey
- Manage the teams day-to-day activities while maintaining close communication with developers to ensure they meet deadlines, objectives and quality standards; be willing to roll up sleeves when necessary to get the job done (whether that is core job responsibilities for EP like tracking the budget, project schedule, etc. or not – e.g. running daily team standups for those on the LA side until we hire more production staff, taking notes, etc.)
- Create a culture where production is a “force multiplier” – set the standard for what good looks like by supporting, facilitating, tracking, and overall multiplying the efforts of the team to achieve our goals through producing tangible outcomes
- Drive leadership team to deliver a comprehensive roadmap working closely with Production; all team members (no matter what location or company) have a clear understanding of what they should be working on and what to work on next if they finish early or are blocked based on the roadmap
- Support in building the team with recruiting and mentoring from projects concept to release and beyond phase
- Identify major gaps in current workflows and foundational challenges in how the team operates as a whole, identifying & getting ahead of challenges, and directing leads in addressing complex issues / working to resolve them
- Provide updates on major challenges and issues facing the game team, along with how the team is tackling them; identify opportunities for executive support
What We’re Looking For
- Several years of experience leading and managing cross functional teams that have established a track record of releasing games for mobile, PC, and console platforms that achieved or exceeded the goals the team set out with
- Amazing team leadership experience; inspiring healthy, high performing teams
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Solid understanding of project management and software development methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate your teammates and influence without authority
- Understanding of KPIs, including but not limited to MAU, DAU, ARPPU and conversion rates
- Experience with internal and external development teams; distributed development experience is critical
- Experience managing up and presenting to executives
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $146,000 - $240,000, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.