This job might no longer be available.
Director of Production (Head of Delivery)
1 month ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and broadly experienced Director of Production to join our San Mateo studio. As our first Director-level producer in this studio, this person will build the production discipline team from the ground up, and be accountable for the “who and how” of bringing a new game IP to life.
- Partner with the Product Director to manage and support a cross-functional development team of software engineers, designers, and artists.
- Accountable for all production aspects of the game team, including headcount and staffing allocations, organization structure, team health and performance, budget, forecasts, scheduling, quality, and project planning and tracking.
- Assume the role of Head of Delivery role on an Agile team, and facilitate team rituals such as standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Build excellent relationships across Phoenix Labs studios, as well as with our partners and community.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk, and lead problem resolution as issues arise.
- Support the team’s growth and development, and ensure they’re empowered to do their best work.
- At least 15 years of production experience.
- Shipped at least 1 live service game in a leadership role, and is familiar with running and maintaining a game service with regular updates.
- Is a steady and practiced hand at steering a game’s production through the different stages of development.
- Experienced in scaling and managing a cross-functional development team from the small size of early stage development through to the larger size of production, launch, and live service.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who is capable of building alignment with large and varied groups.
- At home in a cross-functional, team-based environment, and has the ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Strategic thinker with high proficiency in various project management methodologies, who knows when to apply which methodologies to drive toward effective outcomes.
- Highly proficient at core project management skills and able to share knowledge by coaching or training others in skills like planning, scheduling, estimation, risk assessment, capacity planning, scoping, budgeting, and staffing.
- Adept at preparing mitigation and contingency plans before problems occur within a team or project.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role on a game development team.
- Shipped at least 1 multi-platform game title with end-to-end production experience.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Favro, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org