Director of Product Marketing
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States
2 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What You Will Do :
- Hire and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the consumer product portfolio; laying out a vision and scaling the function
- Define a consumer marketing strategies to encourage adoption of new products
- Partner with research and data teams to build and act on customer segmentation; defining new opportunities to grow features
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs through new features and products
- Lead your team and drive campaigns that contribute direct bottom line impact on revenue and usage
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Analytics or related field.
- Successful track record in B2B or B2C product marketing
- Intelligent quick learner with an analytical orientation, consensus building skills, and consultative style
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to optimize resources and leverage knowledge from internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision of the company, both internally and externally
- A minimum of 10 years of online, digital or app marketing experience. With a minimum of 5 years of product marketing
- Leading teams and building out hiring strategies
- Preferred gaming industry experience but not required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.