Director of Product Management
13 days ago
Director of Product Management
KRAFTON, Inc. is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, passionate, data-informed, and experienced Director of Product Management to join our team. The Director of Product Management will be leading a product team and will be responsible for managing relationships with game development studios and helping to guide the execution of publishing operations, live ops, monetization, and overall product and business growth strategy. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in the games industry, and a successful track record of supporting products.
As Director of Product Management, you will help define and execute the monetization strategy of given products. You will work on the complete product life cycle, using data, insights, user testing, and creative solutions to inform product development, encourage customer adoption, and deliver commercial success. You will help define winning product strategies and execute them with customer and business analysis, working with our publishing team to achieve goal-oriented results. You’ll partner closely with game development, strategy, marketing, and publishing teams to deliver experiences that our players are excited about and that integrate well into the rest of the core product services.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Define and track against clear business KPIs and commercial benchmarks in collaboration with game studio, business development/strategy teams, and other stakeholders. Leverage support from analytics team to ensure necessary data is accessible and reliable.
- Lead relationship management between game studio and publishing teams and serve as escalation point on either side to help identify and resolve blockers, dysfunction, or expectation misalignments.
- Partner with Project Manager, Brand Manager, and other key team members to define product pillars and ensure development priorities and publishing support levels are calibrated accordingly.
- Determine the exact moments to scale up the business in conjunction with game features or content releases, competitions, and seasonal economic trends.
- Maintain source of truth documentation and product requirements including key information such as business projections, product unique selling points, profit & loss statements, and franchise goals.
- Lead the development and execution of monetization strategy, in-game economy, content release plan (DLC), and live operations support plan.
- Embody deep understanding of player needs and behaviors to inform and improve updates to the product vision, development roadmap, and business strategy.
- Regularly prepare and present updated insights, plans, recommendations, and status reports to game studio and publishing stakeholders.
- Provide industry landscape expertise and trends to help us benchmark our competition and evolve our best practices.
- Most importantly, become the subject matter expert and unwavering advocate for your game title(s) to the wider organization.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in game publishing/product management
- Strong analytical skills with experience in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; ability to communicate effectively with game developers and executives alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Deep understanding of live service game player engagement systems, game economies, and personalized commerce
- In-depth knowledge of the games and entertainment industries