This job might no longer be available.
Director of Product Management
14 days ago
Director, Product Management
Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to join the 2K Core Games: Product & Insights team. Your role will be to bring strategic, data-informed player and product insights to shape our player engagement, growth, retention, and commercial strategies. You will work closely with studios and product leadership to develop, guide, implement, and optimize the Live Services strategies supporting our new IPs' creative vision.
What You Will Do
Closely collaborate with development and publishing teams to define Live Services product & business strategy for unannounced projects, including:
- Build clear product recommendations (e.g., in-game store, events, messaging, personalization, progression systems, economy, and post-launch content), which improve engagement, retention, and lifetime value in harmony with franchise objectives & player expectations. Effectively communicate to studio and publishing teams for implementation.
- Use data, insights (research), and user testing to build a deep understanding of player segments and lifecycle, onboarding, first-time user experience, and conversion motivations.
- Establish goals and benchmarks to measure player base health and business performance. Track, analyze, and deliver consolidated updates on live service performance to the studio, publishing, and leadership teams.
- Define telemetry needs, KPIs, reporting, and analyses needed to develop insights into player behaviors in partnership with the Analytics team. Analyze data and translate it into insights and strategies that enable us to meet and exceed core franchise targets.
- Build messaging, campaign, and upsell strategies in collaboration with Performance Marketing and the development teams to ensure engagement and conversion.
- Partner with the Growth Strategy team to build strategies for pricing, in-game promotions, SKUs, and ongoing content.
- Market Intelligence – Deliver research and thought leadership on live services industry landscape, trends, competitor products, and recommendations that help us grow and evolve our thinking.
- Be the Product Champion – Share insights, processes, and lessons learned with other studio & publishing teams.
- Be the Player Advocate – Understand and advocate for the player’s perspective to ensure the development of fair and balanced engagement & monetization models that empower customer choice and value for time.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Data-informed decision maker who is able to balance business priorities, customer perspective, resources, capacity, and partner needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify, structure, and communicate information for all levels of the organization
- Seeks to build alignment and has experience collaborating across diverse teams
- 7+ years of experience, including product management, production, live ops, game design, or other related fields. Experience working on AAA or Free-to-Play games with live services content and rapid iteration loops.
- Strong understanding of live services mechanics and strategies across AAA genres and franchises in the market today (both premium and free-to-play).
- Able to thrive in ambiguous environments and enjoy creating clarity
- Strong preference for being a fire marshal vs. a firefighter. Able to identify, communicate, and mitigate risks before they are problems
- Passion for games and ability to understand and deconstruct what makes a successful live game
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau (SQL double plus)
- Experience working in the early phases of development (Preproduction and Production) of AAA and/or Free-to-Play games with live services content
- Strong critical thinking, strategy, problem-solving, business analysis, and data-informed decision-making capabilities.
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools and comfortable building models to explore opportunities while working closely with analytics
- A self-motivated, lifelong learner who recognizes the industry is always updating; the only consistent thing is change
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.