Director of Product Management, Safety
19 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox's vision is to connect billions of people through shared experiences. Safety and civility are foundational to this vision and creating a platform where everyone feels welcome. That's why we've always made it a key priority to ensure our community members can connect, create, and come together in a space that is welcoming, safe, inclusive and respectful. We've spent over a decade building a stringent safety system and policies that we are proud of and that we are continuously evolving as our community grows.
About the Role:
As the Director of Product for Safety, you will oversee a team of product managers to ensure that Roblox is a safe place for our community of 200+ million monthly users. Our team works on the tooling, policies, data, measurement, and developer/end-user features around safety, partnering with other teams across the company.
- Define and measure what determines safety and civility across the Roblox platform
- Build Machine Learning (ML) models for detecting inappropriate content and behavior
- Support internal tools used by our moderation teams
- Create simple-to-use and effective abuse reporting and management flows
- Educate and guide end users to behave with civility and respect
- Maintain features to support privacy and compliance requirements globally
- 10+ years of Product Management experience including leadership experience with a track record of inspiring a team of product managers
- Passion for defining industry best practices and standards for online safety
- Experience with features involving user-generated content
If you are interested in shaping the future of what safety means in immersive 3D worlds, come join us!
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$368,230 — $422,210 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.