This job might no longer be available.
Director of Product, Consumer
1 month ago
Who we're looking for:
Skillz is looking for exceptional and experienced product management professionals to join our Consumer Experience product leadership team. The right leaders will know how to build a product team, instill a culture of excellence and passion, and deliver amazing world class experiences. These leaders will be responsible for exploring and delivering against complex strategic needs for our players and developer partners, including (but not limited to) synchronous multi-player gaming, international expansion, and unlocking the full social potential of the platform.
You will lead a team of product managers, designers, and analysts to create the future of digital competition within your area of focus. You will work cross functionally (in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Marketing, Business Development and Program) to define the vision, strategy and roadmap, then drive execution and ongoing analysis and refinement.
While mobile game and platform development experience isn’t required, it is a plus. What is required is a strong understanding of building scaled web and/or mobile consumer services as a platform, building functionality to drive KPI gains across the customer lifecycle, and a deep blend of business, technical and design acumen and experience to make smart prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
What you'll do:
- Hire, manage and mentor a high performance, diverse, collaborative and multidisciplinary product team.
- Work cross functionally with senior stakeholders to define product vision, strategy and roadmap aligned with the overall company product roadmap and business strategy.
- Drive definition, design, implementation and GTM of features and functional refinements.
- Drive analysis of releases and share results through quarterly business reviews (QBRs); build a track record of delivering forecasted outcomes.
- Work with program management to estimate ship dates of major deliverables with a 75% or better accuracy.
- Define quarterly OKRs for your department and personal goals for your team members.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 8+ years of experience building and delivering user-centered, engaging experiences across a range of platforms and can demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- A leader who people want to follow. You build trust, inspire, and mentor your team.
- Deep knowledge of consumer products, highly refined visual design sensibility, and a passion for mobile.
- A great communicator (oral, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus both within a product team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- Strong project management skills and ability to confidently present plans and outcomes to executive staff.
- Experience building mobile gameplay, viewing, and discovery experiences at a platform level is a strong plus.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field.