Director of Product Card Suite
Irvine, CA, United States
13 days ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
As the Director of Product for Card Suite you will oversee 4 teams and be responsible for the studio’s flagship card and parlor game products that are played by tens of millions of customers.
You will direct multiple Product Owners, guiding them to implement KPI-improving features that will delight our customers. Your love of data and our customers, along with your passion for building great games, will lead you to create new customer favorite features and game titles for one of the largest and most loyal customer groups in mobile games.
As the Director of Product, you will work under the VP of Product for Card Suite. You will manage and mentor a full production staff and will also direct future staffing efforts as you guide the production team forward. You will cultivate an amazing work environment, collaborate with key stakeholders, help define the suite strategy and vision, develop the product roadmap, deliver on revenue targets, and help define success within the suite.
- Understand and care deeply about our players
- Continually analyze many sources of data to find new truths and opportunities
- Provide AB test expertise and leadership
- Set direction that increases critical KPI’s such as games played, retention and revenue
- Inspire and Motivate the development teams
- Positively manage production staff including Producers, PMs, Designers and Product Owners
- Clearly communicate suite strategy and vision
- Effectively collaborate with key stakeholders in other departments across the studio
- Generate, and ensure proper execution of, the suite Roadmap
- Manage and present Quarterly Business Reviews, and the Annual Strategic Plans
- Work under the direction of the VP of Product to meet company goals
- Cultivate a positive and supportive work environment
- Share expert analysis of the casual mobile competitive landscape
- Passion for Casual game development
- Dedicated and experienced people manager focused on self-improvement
- Extensive demonstrable experience (10+ years) using data and analytics to both understand and exceed customer and company expectations
- Repeatable process for finding new game and/or feature opportunities in the Casual Mobile Game market
- Successful experience owning a roadmap for and meeting company financial goals on games earning over $1M/year
- Positive attitude with a desire to be the driving force of a friendly, upbeat and supportive development environment
- Have been the ultimate vision-holder for multiple games with more than 1 million downloads
- Excellent understanding of different business models in mobile games today
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility