This job might no longer be available.
Director of Planning and Program Management, IVS Engineering
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an end-to-end video delivery service, within Amazon Web Services, which runs one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world. It is built on top of Twitch Video which is being offered to external customers. Live streaming is a growing medium for many companies to uniquely engage their audiences. Amazon IVS enables the building and scaling of such live streaming platforms, just as it does for Twitch, where more than a billion hours are streamed live each month.
You will report into the Twitch Video/IVS business unit , and be responsible for planning and program management, which includes technology and product delivery, engineering roadmap planning, resource management, and management of collaboration tools to increase program execution effectiveness. You are expected to be a strategic and experienced change agent , to help teams scale and grow quickly. You will lead a team of Technical Program Managers (TPMs) on the design, implementation, and delivery of large technology projects that are worked in parallel and typically across team boundaries. You will also lead program managers driving resource management, collaboration tools, and product releases. You will align planning and delivery with our strategy, product and infrastructure roadmaps, across back-end programs and front-end customer-facing features. You will also partner with Twitch/AWS teams to lead projects with company wide impact. Bring your passion to a highly visible role, to grow a new and fast-growing enterprise cloud service.
- Implement a planning process with goal setting, roadmap development, and prioritization.
- Translate strategy to execution and bring plans to life with Engineering, Product, Data, and Infrastructure teams.
- Keenly understand the challenges and tradeoffs face by teams, and anticipate demand for resources.
- Create dynamic visibility into resource capacity and use, and identify risks and mitigations.
- Close the loop from planning to delivery, with regular roadmap progress reporting to video leadership.
- 5+ years TPM experience at a global high-growth technology company or established tech startup
- Knowledge of technical system and architecture design approaches to achieve performance at scale
- 5+ years of experience leading teams and in cross-enterprise planning
- Familiarity with software project management, and related collaboration tools
- Experienced change leader and facilitator of planning and brainstorming workshops in large organizations
- Leadership experience in cloud services for external enterprise customers
- Understanding of real-time video streaming technologies, cloud computing and networking infrastructure
- Experience aligning large organizations with hundreds of developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering Majors, or in relevant Project Management discipline
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, or Operations
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.