Director of People & Culture
21 days ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 35-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz
- a name-that-tune music trivia game
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
What you'll do
- Work with team leaders and employees to build the company's People function
- Bolster our company culture through activities, events, and internal programs
- Keep your finger on the pulse of our organization, ensuring employee fulfillment and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, corrective actions) and people policy guidance and direction
- Help with compensation planning, including approving offers, managing performance increases, and scaling our compensation model
- Work with recruiting and hiring managers to scale our hiring process
Stuff you may have done before
- Helped to build and scale the People function for a startup
- Managed a small team as part of the People function
- Researched and implemented compensation structure, career ladders, and performance review systems
- Led recruiting efforts
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We are currently working remotely, but come September will be implementing a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule. We also offer 31 days of paid time off and strongly encourage its use.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come September, occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates, and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply!