Director of Partner Marketing and Analytics Strategy and Planning
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director of Partner Marketing and Analytics Strategy and Planning
San Mateo, CA (Collab)
Open to Remote - Global (Collab)
The Global Partner Marketing, Analytics and Monetization (PMAM) team is the primary marketing, analytics, and relationship hub for Third-Party partners. We’re seeking a top-performing Director of Partner Marketing and Analytics Strategy and Planning (Chief of Staff) for our global team to drive organizational alignment, operational excellence, and communications. Elevating PMAM as a high impact team driving SIE priorities, our partners business, and overall partner satisfaction.
This role is a key member of the PMAM Leadership Team and is responsible for managing all aspects of Business Management, Operations, Team Engagement, and Communications for the team of 55+ marketers and platform data and insights analysts across the globe.
Partnering with the VP of PMAM and the Leadership Team of the organization, this inspirational leader will play a key role in developing a culture that motivates a high-performing team and drives alignment on activities. This individual has strong business acumen, a solid grasp of business operations, and a passion for culture and values. The role reports into the VP of PMAM and will be her proxy in critical meetings both within the immediate organization, larger company, and in cross team initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a sounding board to the PMAM organization on how to better drive strategy, planning, execution and most critically will be a steward of our culture, people and collaboration across Global Third Party Relations (GTPR) and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
This leader will be an advocate for our team’s needs and create strong partnerships with key stakeholders such as Account Management, Portfolio, Global Marketing, Business Planning, GSBO/ Channel Sales/Territories, Sales Planning, and other organizations within Global Publisher Developer Relations (GPDR) and SIE. They are a proven relationship builder, versatile, and intellectually curious individual with strong analytical and project management skills who can develop trust with key leaders and stakeholders across the SIE organization to “make it happen”. Experience in business management, marketing, analytics, and communications is required as well as unparalleled operational and organizational capability. This individual will be the champion for driving meaningful growth and results for PMAM’s entire organization.
Finally, the ideal candidate will lead a small team of business managers to make all of the above happen and will be expected to model SIE’s game changer behaviors as well as our company values: We are: Passionate, Trailblazers, One.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in, and be able to manage the following as part of their core responsibilities:
- Help drive the VP of PMAM’s vision and strategy, ensure it aligns to SIE’s priorities and is carried out across the team. This includes leading fiscal year planning process, building and managing KPIs, setting priorities and producing progress reports to ensure we are focused on driving the team and business forward.
- Lead global rhythm-of-the-business (ROB) across the team that cascades into our partner engagements.
- Lead budget management for the organization including media reconciliation and PO process.
- Manage the planning process and calendar for the organization while ensuring coordination and alignment with corporate planning. This includes monthly and quarterly business reviews, leadership team off sites and leadership team staff meetings.
- Prepare keynote presentations and briefing documents for meetings, summits, and conferences. Ability to translate complex business challenges and opportunities into executive facing, narrative driven, presentations is a must.
- Manage headcount processes including discussions and decision-making about optimal resourcing and hiring practices. Maintain headcount plan within budget.
- Define a strategy that fosters a rich team culture, enhances employee satisfaction and retention, and drives a high-performing team.
- In partnership with VP of PMAM set strategy, direction and coordination on SIE’s multiple marketing sophistication efforts and workstreams to ensure the third-party perspective is well represented and woven into all transformational work.
- In partnership with Heads of Partner Marketing Accounts, inform marketing commitments in contractual partnerships with publishers
- Manage a team of 3 responsible for organizational communication, project management and technical marketing innovation
Communication & Culture
- Coach, care, and model as a member of the PMAM Leadership Team.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Leadership Team in areas that opportunities exist to improve.
- Establish and lead clear communication processes with Global Marketing and Channel Sales/Territory teams around the globe in ensure information is flowing global to local and then back from local to global.
- Lead culture initiatives across organization including annual workstream planning (Team Focus Areas), Glint (Employee Satisfaction) and Partner Health Survey response plan.
- Drive PMAM employee engagement planning and internal communications strategy.
- Develop and lead programs/strategy to support diverse and inclusion efforts inclusive of hiring practices and employee and manager programs.
- Ensure PMAM strategies and initiatives are aligned to SIE priorities, and that stakeholder organizations understand PMAM objectives.
Organizational Alignment & Advocacy
- Be a trusted advisor for the VP of PMAM and Leadership Team. Be their eyes and ears of the organization helping them think through the best ways to optimize the inner workings of the organization to help achieve collective goals.
- Anticipate the needs of the VP and the organization, enabling the leadership team to operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Lead organization-wide engagements, such as all-hands meetings, learning days, offsites, etc.
- Drive valuable perspective, alignment and enablement across the Leadership Team ensuring coordination and prioritization.
- Lead weekly LT staff meetings, drive alignment across topics, and create a forum and facilitation for the leadership team to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Be able to successfully engage with external partners to drive organizational impact.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in a commercial and/or marketing operations, business management, or chief-of-staff role (10+ preferred)
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university, MBA preferred, and at least 15 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with and passion for the gaming industry
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, budgeting/financial planning, investment prioritization, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Successful and proven track record of excellent people management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations completing required tasks with little structure or guidance
- Proven ability to respectfully influence, motivate, negotiate, collaborate, and partner with multiple stakeholders across all levels of authority and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, solve problems, execute and multi-task
- You have an eye for detail and execute decisively with good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- You can create clarity of purpose and generate energy for an entire organization, with a deep commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (DEI).
- You’re excited by driving cross-functional impact and supporting core business while enabling growth in new business areas.
- Ability to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information into simple messages.
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- You have unparalleled organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple, competing projects and priorities at any given time.
- You motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams with autonomy and effectiveness, ensuring that all voices are heard.
- You are action-oriented, agile, and able to work proficiently across a complex, highly matrixed environment.
- You lead with personal awareness, empathy, and accountability, and you inspire others to do the same.
- Highest level of integrity, emotional intelligence, and management of confidential information
- Fluency in Japanese would be a plus but not required
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.