This job might no longer be available.
Director of Operations
5 months ago
Gearbox Software is searching for a Director of Operations who will serve as the strategic advisor, counsel and partner to the CEO. You will provide operational support with organization, strategy, project management and scheduling. Working directly with the CEO to set priorities, you will help identify areas of focus and serve as a connector who is aware of key initiatives and can connect the dots company-wide. You must be results-driven, master organizer and project planner who will consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise. You must also have a clear understanding of business operations with a mindset geared towards problem-solving. Your objective is to work closely with the CEO to get twice as much done as the CEO would be able to do alone.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Strategically manage the CEO’s time ensuring coordination with core priorities, identifying the best areas to direct his focus and ensuring he is involved in decision making at the right time.
- Act as gatekeeper between the CEO and other stakeholders to ensure his involvement in projects or decision-making processes take place at key times where his input and authority are most needed.
- Assume day-to-day tasks enabling the CEO to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives.
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individuals to manage when necessary.
- Assist the CEO in managing inward facing initiatives and prioritize those initiatives for maximum impact.
- Partner with the CEO to determine external opportunities, including long-term travel and meeting plans and assess their fit against priorities.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the CEO in order to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Attend meetings alongside or in place of the CEO, preparing summaries and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Manage the CEO’s daily workflow and facilitate communication with other C-suite executives. Provide oversight and guidance to projects of high priority.
- Manage other executive support staff.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Management or other related field preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to communicate effectively, translating complex ideas into succinct recommendations.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively and gain consensus across the organization.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects, prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge and/or experience in the video game development industry highly preferred.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing to travel up to 33%.