Director of Software Engineering
San Francisco, CA
3 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director of Software Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
PlayStation recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment is part of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation Network generated a record $12.5 billion USD of revenue in 2018 leveraging the e-commerce experience across platforms.
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering who will have a strong background in the consumer/ e-commerce/ merchandising space. You will be responsible for building the next generation of platforms and applications that are currently being used by millions of our customers on a daily basis.
- Lead a team of hardworking 15-30 engineers focusing on backend systems based in San Francisco.
- Define and bring the core product vision to life. Collaborate effectively with product, business and engineering teams to ensure product requirements are delivered thoughtfully & completely.
- Conceptualize, define, and handle development of new features/systems that delight users as measured through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Set engineering vision for retail, e-commerce experiences across PlayStation network.
- Build positive relationships with central teams that ensure visibility/transparency and delivery on commitments on time. Find opportunities to improve practices/processes bringing new products to market & ensuring success.
- Mentor & develop a cadre of engineers and PMs by insisting on the highest standards, earning trust, and leading by example.
- Comfortable in setting tough but achievable goals that push the team and the company forward.
- BS/MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of work experience with at least 5 years leading teams with ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- High analytical and proven ability to lead complex analyses and apply outputs to improve business performance.
- Technically savvy, can tackle problems and make good trade-offs in unfamiliar problem domains
- Lead and drive the definition of the technical plan, budget, and engineering priorities
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.