Director of Marketing
13 days ago
People make games great. At Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing to be part of our marketing and communications team, which is entering a new growth phase. We seek an experienced marketing member with demonstrable experience across team management, GTM strategic planning and executions, and performance marketing.
The successful candidate will have a mix of marketing and analytic experience across multiple media channels (banner, streaming, paid search, social, CRM, TV, Radio) along with a demonstrated ability to connect the dots between desired marketing campaign/business outcomes and actual results to make actionable recommendations to improve product performance.
- Own and execute the Go-to-Market plans for our marketing announcements, milestones, launches, and post-launch activities.
- Lead analytic efforts to assess marketing initiatives and competitive landscapes while assessing a better understanding of marketing activity effectiveness.
- Build, Lead, and Inspire a team of passionate marketing professionals at all experience levels.
- Find opportunities to optimize workflow between marketing creative, production, and core marketing by establishing and improving processes.
- Expand Survios’s integration of marketing analytics, media optimization, and CRM, focusing on taking our performance marketing initiatives to the next phase.
- Collaborate with the production and development teams on the development of marketing materials, timelines, and milestones.
- Contribute product feature suggestions to product teams based on customer research and competitive analysis.
- Define product and campaign KPIs for multiple marketing milestones, monitoring, adapting, and optimizing initiatives as needed.
- Foster a team culture based on transparency, collaboration, and support of one another.
- Work cross-functionally with teams, including development, publishing, and finance, to achieve Survios’ goals. Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- Stay informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or better, coupled with a minimum of 8 years experience and demonstrated career progression in marketing at a video game publisher, entertainment, technology, or consumer products.
- Ability to identify and handle issues proactively and decisively with limited direction and oversight while also communicating consistently to executive leadership.
- Experience developing and being responsible for strategic marketing plans, bringing them to market with data-driven campaign executions.
- A proven track record of providing supportive and clear direction and feedback to team members and external parties.
- Direct experience or collaborations in performance marketing, brand and product marketing, communications, influencer/content creator marketing, creative development, strategic marketing research and planning, social media marketing, and go-to-market strategy and executions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations of complex business issues to senior executives.
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing successful and dynamic teams.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our expertise in hardware, software, and games to create unbelievable, immersive game experiences in VR, AR, consoles, and PC. We’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games on all platforms.
Base salary range between $175,000 USD - $190,000 USD ( Base salary range for applicants located within the United States )
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law.
Survios takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.