This job might no longer be available.
Director of Marketing
6 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for a seasoned and player-centric Director of Marketing to lead teams across a portfolio of games. We are seeking a strategic leader who can partner with product teams to bring our games to market. This role has an expert understanding of all parts of a go-to-market plan and direct experience growing and mentoring individuals on their team. The ideal candidate is also deeply familiar with online game development and understands how game development happens. Adept communication skills, a data mindset, creativity, and project management experience are a must.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to work on a variety of products including Dauntless and titles currently in development.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Burnaby studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions, this role will be onsite in Burnaby.
- Define the marketing vision and strategy for Phoenix Labs’ portfolio of games.
- Create a standard of high quality and performance across several products.
- Own the go-to-market plans and strategies for several titles in the Phoenix Labs portfolio, including mobile, PC, and console titles.
- Establish and raise brand profiles, both product and studio.
- Set goals for multiple teams of 5-10 individuals including performance management, mentorship, and career growth.
- Confidently provide forecasts and rationale.
- Promote communities of practice and a culture of improvement across the discipline.
- Own market research and partner with product teams to make informed decisions.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation within the team and identify new trends to explore.
- Define and balance multiple marketing marketing budgets.
- Manage key relationships with external marketing and publishing partners.
- 10+ years in a marketing role.
- 7+ years managing a team of multiple individuals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all marketing disciplines including PR, influencer marketing, CRM, UA, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Excels at developing creative campaigns and assets.
- Expert level experience in collecting and interpreting data. Know what questions to ask.
- Expert level knowledge of mobile acquisition in addition to PC and console.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- Adept at guiding and supporting a team as an inspirational leader.
- Experience working in an Agile setting.
- Familiar with website CMS systems.
- Experience creating esports experiences and maintaining competitive communities
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->