Director of Marketing
Cary, NC United States of America
17 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a Director of Marketing to join the Fortnite marketing team helping to oversee Party Royale efforts. You’ll orchestrate the sequencing and go-to-market execution for our live event, entertainment, and IP crossover events related to Party Royale for both the existing Fortnite community and new players. The ideal candidate knows how to excite and engage players at a massive scale in an authentic way, using in-game content and events to drive business goals. Licensor experience with major IP holders to bring products to market is also a major plus.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee all marketing efforts related to Party Royale including all entertainment live events, IP integrations, and linear content airings that occur in the mode.
- Drive innovative go-to-market strategies to surprise and excite players in new ways while maintaining a consistent content pipeline of engaging events.
- Coordinate partner discussions with content holders to fully understand their individual IP and audience and ensure an authentic player experience.
- Analyze and optimize against performance metrics associated with Party Royale events including player engagement, retention, and monetization to meet business objectives.
- Ensure optimal allocation of internal resources and prioritize efforts for success against strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with game + publishing + creative teams to bring new gameplay experiences to players.
- Develop close relationships with First Party and hardware partners to maximize marketing impact and reach.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams: executives, game leads, community, PR, influencer relations, creative services, video, localization and more.
What we’re looking for:
- proven track record in games and/or entertainment with experience in the following areas:
- 10 years of Brand Marketing experience in games or entertainment (5+ products shipped)
- Ownership of a product category or business unit including P&L responsibility
- Leading multiple cross functional teams across a portfolio of products
- Extensive experience in balancing priorities and internal resources
- Excellent communications skills and experience in working directly with senior leadership
- Bonus: Live games as service experience
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!