This job might no longer be available.
Director of Internal Audit
20 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Internal Audit at Epic
What you’ll do
As Epic’s Director, Internal Audit, your primary responsibility will be to develop and execute the Internal Audit annual plan, ensuring the maintenance of high professional standards of the IIA, and supporting the continued growth and expansion of the company’s business. The Director will be a key member of the Accounting leadership team.
In this role, you will
- Manage and execute audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, completing audit tests at times, preparing and reviewing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations, socializing identified issues with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports
- Collaborate to develop and implement an audit plan that includes an assessment of all relevant risk factors
- Along with the Company's 3rd party SOX advisory firm develop the Company's Internal Audit strategy and roadmap
- Develop annual audit plans and schedules using a risk-based approach, creating a pipeline of projects for short-, medium-, and long-term, related to operational compliance, regulatory compliance, and controls over financial reporting
- Act as the “go-to” person for risk management (Risk Leader) and internal controls within the organization providing reliable and insightful guidance for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Oversee operational and compliance audits, including the scoping, testing, and documentation of the results
- Communicate identified findings and propose recommendations to management and the Audit Committee; track the remediation and closure of findings
- Oversee all public company readiness activities with respect to the Company’s internal control environment
- Ensure appropriateness of internal control documentation for financial processes, IT applications, and ITGC’s, including planning documents, narratives, process maps, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the external independent auditor, providing direction and oversight to the assistance provided to the external auditor over internal control and financial audits
- Interact professionally and frequently with external auditors, regulators, compliance agencies/contractors, legal counsel, court-appointed parties, etc. Create a collaborative working relationship with all external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with executive management and the Audit Committee, ensuring appropriate oversight to key corporate risks, processes, and controls
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 15 years of experience, including 5+ years of public accounting in the technology (or interactive media) industry
- Advanced knowledge of public company internal control requirements
- Advanced understanding of financial and business processes and the risks surrounding those processes
- Strong understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact on financial control environments
- Proven track record of building and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead, and work with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Hands-on, flexible, able to function in a fast-paced environment
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.