Director of Hardware Engineering
11 days ago
Tangible Play, Inc. seeks a Director of Hardware Engineering in Palo Alto, CA (remote possible).
Osmo is an award winning accelerated learning system that changes the way homes and classrooms interact with technology. Osmo combines physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning more engaging, fun and effective. Osmo is growing and expanding rapidly as the education market continues to be redefined and is seeking individuals who are passionate about education and building great learning and teaching experiences with new technologies.
Osmo was recently acquired by BYJU’S, the largest and fastest growing education technology startup globally. Recently valued at over $16B US and investing $1.1B in the US in 2021, BYJU’S + Osmo will be working together to bring the love of learning to homes and schools everywhere.
This is a new team at Osmo and the Director of Hardware will be the first hire. You'll be tasked with building the team; Mechanical, Electrical & Architecture engineers, putting the right processes in place and acting as a leader and mentor across the company. We have an ambitious roadmap and are scaling quickly; so you must thrive at operating in these environments.
What you'll do
- Build, manage, and lead multiple teams across electrical, mechanical, and systems engineering
- Help define the hardware strategy including architecture and SoC selection
- Significantly influence vendor selection, and bring a variety of vendors to the table
- Be the go-to person for all hardware related questions, issues, suggestions, and feedback
- Roll up your sleeves to help move the needle on a particular program as needed
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Strong interest in developing hardware that improves learning outcomes for children
- Professional experience bringing consumer hardware to market by leading cross functional ME, EE, Systems teams
- Experience scaling a world-class team
- Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical team members, including executive management
- Experience working in ODM/JDM/CM environments from RFQ to Mass Production
- Experience managing and budgeting external engineering consultants
- Strong preference for having shipped consumer grade hardware with integrated camera systems
- Developing hardware for children on Android-based architecture is a plus