Director of Game Localisation
20 days ago
What We Need
As Director of In-Game Localisation you will lead the operation of EMEA/South American Localisation for all of titles via close collaboration with the Localisation producers, Production team, Developers and LQA. As a leader in this role you will evolve standard methodologies to support the growth of the organisation, and champion efficient process, content requirements, and project timelines, clearly communicating impact with Production teams.
You thrive in an energetic environment, coordinating multiple projects, keeping an eye on the big picture, but are detail oriented enough to spot the small things that make all the difference.
You drive process and ensure that the Production and Development Teams are providing the information and assets on schedule. Ultimately, you are the driving force that ensures our titles are localised to the highest possible quality.
What You will Do
- Lead a team of Localisation Producers to facilitate the Localisation of multiple titles; ensure their desired performance and development; as well as providing them with guidance and advice.
- Evangelise localisation standard methodologies, raise awareness of the processes, requirements, timelines and impact with key partners.
- Identify and improve existing processes and workflows to increase efficiency.
- Research new technologies, tools, etc in the market that could improve the current pipeline.
- Partner with Production and LQA leaders to ensure effective collaboration and visibility.
- Coordinate with the Asian Localisation Team Manager, to ensure collaboration and unified approach to projects.
- Manage Localisation budgets; provide estimates, maintain record of costs for each project to ensure it does not exceed budget, and provide regular reports to partners.
- Oversee monthly invoicing workflow, raise POs, reporting actual expenditures to finance.
- Regular check in with territories to ensure quality of the translations and that the translators continue to hit the required style, tone, and quality required for each title.
- Form relationships and be a great partner with key external vendors.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 10+ years experience in localisation, preferably within the video game industry.
- Proven history of leading a best-in-class team.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional language is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate across multiple disciplines.
- Experience managing, mitigating, and resolving risks.
- Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.